How many follow professional Bass Fishing?

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

You look at a couple young guys in the Top 5 many years fall off as the season goes on. But these two guys (New and Walters) especially Walters, the way they use electronics I think will stay on top or at least relevant as the season goes on. The veterans are watching what they do and my guess a bunch of guys will have 3 different brands of electronics on their bow before end of the year – you can only beat the bank like everyone else so much…

You are correct on New and Walters. I think they will both be in the AOY hunt all the way to the end of the year. Another young rookie to keep a eye on is Josh Stracner.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I know the Feiderman gets a lot of attention these days, but there’s another hometown hero, Bob Downey, from Eagan in the pack. Been able to fish with him a handful of times over the last few years and really is a great down to earth guy. Hoping he makes some noise this year!

I did not know Downey was a local guy. He had a rather tough tourney this last one. Hopefully he will have better luck the rest of the season.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I saw Frydog post it on facebook but Zona let one rip during the livestream one of the days in the middle of a sentence. He kind of paused like he knew it was going to happen and then kept going. Freaking hilarious. Maybe he can post it on here.

FryDog62

I saw Frydog post it on facebook but Zona let one rip during the livestream one of the days in the middle of a sentence. He kind of paused like he knew it was going to happen and then kept going. Freaking hilarious. Maybe he can post it on here.

Link to the video, er I mean “audio” is below…

Not sure if it was Zona, Sanders, Hackney or Clouse but someone was feeling the pressure of the moment moon

Umy
    South Metro

Me too, topwater bite is crazy fun

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

This weeks tourney looks and sounds like it going to be kind of a grind. Not getting the ideal conditions for Tenn. fishing. Sounds like there is some rain on the way and some of it may be rather heavy. I kind of like a few of these type of tourneys. Not the most enjoyable to watch with fewer fish being caught but kind of cool to see who can figure out something a little different than others. I think just being able to get 5 keepers a day may be enough to get to championship Sunday. Hope and think at some point the big smallmouth come into play. If it does the Northern guys should do ok.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah they got their butts handed to them today.

munchy
    NULL

I see Gussy is in lead for day 1. Pretty awesome to see that!

blank

Very cool to see Gussy in the lead, and by nearly 4 lbs. I read that he (along with a lot of other anglers) had a terrible practice and he was going to shoot from the hip. With an 18″ minimum for the smallmouth there, its kind of an all or nothing plan with those.

I wonder what this unique technique is.
    “The bass Gustafson located are in about 20 feet of water, and he said what he is doing is something a little different than most of his competitors.

“What I’m doing is kind of a unique way of catching them,” he said. “It’s not easy for everyone if you’ve never done it.””

FryDog62

“I wonder what this unique technique is.
    “The bass Gustafson located are in about 20 feet of water, and he said what he is doing is something a little different than most of his competitors.

“What I’m doing is kind of a unique way of catching them,” he said. “It’s not easy for everyone if you’ve never done it.”

He filmed a show there a year or two ago, although different time of year, also in about 20 fow. He was with a friend from that area and sounded pretty knowledgeable. Locals like that probably have a few tricks up their sleeve. Good for him, hope he wins it waytogo

blank

Watching a little bit today and Zona said it was like a Damiki rig. Vertical “jigging” but mostly just holding it there. He’s having a nice day so far.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It looks like the 2 Minnesota boys should make the top 50 cut to fish tomorrow ( both had a better day today) Neither have put up impressive #’s. It looks like Seth has 8 for 14-10 and Felix has 8 for 13-4. There are going to be A LOT of real good fishermen who are going to end 2 days of fishing with less than 10Lbs. That’s what I call a real tough tourney !!!. It strange that Gustafson is needing to Fiz those smallmouth when they are only coming out of 20-22 FOW. I thought that was only needed when catching them much deeper than that. Given his relationship with the Johnsons and Seth I kind of thought they may have joined him in his area today. I’m sure they all know how to fish the same way he is. Then again maybe they are leaving it all to him since he found it. With the rain and possibly rising waters, I’m not sure if his SM location can hold up for 2 more days. this whole tourney may change a lot depending on how much the the water rises the next 2 days!!!

munchy
    NULL

It looks like the 2 Minnesota boys should make the top 50 cut to fish tomorrow

Don’t forget Bob Downey currently in 11th

blank

That is really weird that he has, or is fizzing them.
    Having the lead that he has will definitely help if it does dry up a bit and/or conditions change.
    Gussy is my favorite on the elites, so I’m definitely rooting for him to hold on and win the thing.

munchy
    NULL

Incredible win for Gussy! Leading wire to wire and coming away with a 7lb1oz lead is amazing! He definitely had them dialed in!

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    It looks like the 2 Minnesota boys should make the top 50 cut to fish tomorrow

Don’t forget Bob Downey currently in 11th

I was rooting hard for downey to make the cut, but alas, just couldn’t do it without a full bag. Still did a great job out there though!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Where are you guys watching this,it’s live i assume?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There is a live feed during tournament hours on the Bassmaster website. Additionally, there is also a basstrack link which shows how many fish each angler has caught and how big each one is (unofficial). The leaderboard is updated after each weigh in too.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>chuck100 wrote:</div>

There is a live feed during tournament hours on the Bassmaster website. Additionally, there is also a basstrack link which shows how many fish each angler has caught and how big each one is (unofficial). The leaderboard is updated after each weigh in too.

Like gimruis said. During a tourney – Just go to Bassmasters web site and click on the Live link. They normally are on from like 8-12 and take a 1 hour break and come back from 1-3 or something like that. The Basstrack link is about as close to live updates as possible. They normally have a live camera on 5 or so boats and have a few others running around and getting interviews with other fishermen. Its actually great coverage.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s also on Fox Sports 1 Saturday and Sunday for the morning half of those days. Really nice to have it on the big TV.

I believe they are doing it for each Elite Series event this season.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It’s also on Fox Sports 1 Saturday and Sunday for the morning half of those days. Really nice to have it on the big TV.

I believe they are doing it for each Elite Series event this season.

Wasn’t aware of that. Thanks

munchy
    NULL

Really nice to have it on the big TV.

If I’m home I will stream it through the web browser on the Firestick. Works great and can be done for all days and don’t need Fox Sports.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Do to cancellation of day 1 and 2 we get coverage both today and tomorrow. Didn’t watch much over the weekend. It’s crazy the amount of current fish are being caught in. It looks like some of the guys who had good practices were not able to adjust well to the high water. Then again water going up 5-6 feet is not just a slight increase. Looks like local Seth is having another decent tourney. He seems to be getting a slow start in the mornings and doing most of his damage later in the day. He’s going to have to have a rather big bag today to make the top 10 cut to fish tomorrow. Hope he can do so. If he does he will be near the top in the Angler of the year race.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I watched off and on over the weekend. The guys fishing below the dam were fun to watch. Crazy current. Seth was 1st in AOY as of yesterday. He’s having a solid year.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its looking like Seth is going to need a 19-20 Lb. limit today to make the top 10 cut to fish tomorrow. He has like 14 as of now. Hope he can make a few nice upgrades before the end of the day. It would be nice to see him fishing tomorrow.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Huge win for Lowen after coming close so many times. Pretty hard not to root for that guy. Caught an 8lber today to seal the deal.

tim hurley

Love fishing, love sports. To me fishing is not a sport. Stone me, torch my house. So many crazy unpredictable variables in fishing. Bassmaster where Seth won, loved it because he is from Minnesota-and when do we win anything? Anyway all he had to do was make it to the ML part (not easy and he almost didn’t) And he had a huuuuuuuuuge (literally) home field advantage. A football field (real sport) is ONE acre. ML is 132,000+ Before you judge me count to 132,000! Not that any of this is easy and if you enjoy cool, its kinda like figure skating, takes ALOT of talent but the ‘sport’ part is so subjective. MHO

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 565 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.