How many follow professional Bass Fishing?

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

About 2 hrs of fishing remaining and there are 52 over 20 lbs, 9 over 30 LBs, and 18 Fish caught over 8 Lbs.

Leader Taku Ito has 38-11. His fish are 6-1, 7-12, 6-3, 10-5, and 8-6 – WOW WOW WOW!!!!

blank

As required by TPWD, bass must measure 14 inches to count. Judges weigh them on the boat with immediate release unless the fish is over 24 inches.
    So there are a couple of fish that are over the 24″ mark and will be brought in for Mercer to scream “G-G-G-Giant bass!”

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Lake Fork showing how good it is. Taku leading with 39+ lbs after day one. Unreal.

I actually enjoy Mercer (especially his podcast) but that phrase drives me nuts.

blank

I like Mercer too. He’s so good at his job and seems like a good, fun person. I used to get annoyed by the phrase but I’ve gotten over it, but its still cheesy.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah it’s pretty bad. If you guys that follow the Elites haven’t checked out his podcast he has all the elite guys on and does a really good job of talking about all kinds of interesting topics. It’s “Mercer”.

He had Seth on a while back and he went into how much of a fraud the MLF is and implied (like others have) how bad the cheating is over there.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like all 10 anglers who fished the final day today on Lake Fork broke the century mark. shock

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Looks like all 10 anglers who fished the final day today on Lake Fork broke the century mark. shock

Ya that’s crazy. Had the top 50 all fished the final day my guess is there would have been another 4 or 5. What a Tourney and What a lake. 19 Yr. old rookie wins the event. This young guys are so good these days. The Forward facing sonar played more of a roll in this even than I had thought it would. It looks like it may be a factor all season. Love it or hate it. its here to stay

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Love it or hate it. its here to stay

Maybe. There is rumor of limitations being installed next season. Right now its just an arms race to see who can rig their boat with the most technology.

Umy
    South Metro

Unlike most, it appears, I beleive this to be the most boring fishing shown TV I’d rather watch gulp, John Gillespie than this. I like the team series. They talk amongst themselves and to us, show us what they’re using and why, where they are looking on the lake and why. Sure there is FFS but Im not sitting in front of my tv watching them watch it.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I still don’t know what to think of FFS in these tournaments. No doubt every elite that started the season this year knew the impact it would have. And no doubt most are capable of putting it to use. So far it just seems these younger guys have embraced it more. I also wonder if we’re starting to see the effects of a the high school and college fishing experience hitting the elites. FFS aside, I just think there is a heck of a lot of young talent out there now.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Reminder. The Classic starts on Friday at Grand Lake, OK. Coverage looks to be all over the place. Fridays is online as BASS only. Sat. a mix. Part online and part at FS1 or FS2. Final day another mix. Online, FS1 and even part on Fox. Bass has the current Odds favorite at 3/2 for Jason Christie, Followed by Greg Hackney and Patrick Walters at 4-1. The highest local fishermen are Bob Downey at 5-1 and Jay Przekurat at 9-1. Im a bit surprised they only have Kyoya Fujita at 6-1. My pick is either Walters or Fujita. Who are your picks.

Michael Best

I am with you when it comes to Walters. He can definitely win this tourney.
    Didn’t Christie win on an Oklahoma lake already?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well the Classic is underway. I see Local boy Jay Przekurat is leading and both Bob Downey and Pat Schlapper are off to a good start. They both only have 3 fish so far but their average is good. Lots of different lures being use. In the short time I watched some coverage I saw lots of jerkbaits, Crankbaits, Chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, and jigs being fished. Like the lake choice for a classic. Think the weights are going to stay real close all the way throughout this one.

blank

Easton Fothergill, college bracket winner from Grand Rapids, MN sitting in 12th place. Adam Rasmussen, a former guest on IDO shows in 15th place with just 3 fish and the biggest bass (5-8) so far today.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Its almost as if its a real bass tournament again without the aid of staring at 5 livescope screens. applause

I see that Kyoyo Fujita is still trying to do his scope wizardry though using a damiki rig. coffee

blank

He was also casting to the bank with a spinnerbait earlier, only catching dinks.

I suspect Cody Huff is scoping for his fish. Doubt he’s beating the bank and catching 4 pounders like he’s got so far.

Correction: turns out that Huff has been catching fish on a spinnerbait and crankabit. Must have found a school or two or good fish.

Dan Baker

Milliken sure is starting to look like the real deal.

blank

Rasmussen jumped up to 2nd place on Basstrakk late in the day.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I see Local boy Jay Przekurat is leading and both Bob Downey and Pat Schlapper are off to a good start.

Is Jay’s dad in the NWT?

blank

Yes, Jay’s dad is Jason Przekurat the walleye pro.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Day 1 at Elite Stop #4 is almost in the books at the Harris Chain in FL. It was supposed to start yesterday but inclement weather delayed the start until today.

Its not looking very good for the local MN/WI crew.

Austin Felix looks like the highest ranking angler at 32nd with 12 pounds, 7 ounces.

Schlapper – 42nd
    Feider – 69th
    Pzrekurat – not weighed in yet

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Score another one for Team Canada. Cory Johnston blows away the field at the St. John’s.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

This was the first event in a long time that I did not watch any coverage.

Viewing 25 posts - 541 through 565 (of 565 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.