How many follow professional Bass Fishing?

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Hope he’s got as many good LM spots as they are saying he does. He’s not even fished a few of the better one’s yet. He said he believes he’s shook off a few good ones today. I cant believe you can take a chance and shake off fish on day two of a tourney like this.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like he’s about 1.5 pounds off the lead as of 1:30 eastern time on the final day. He did have the lead for several hours this morning too.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Does he get 50k or so for 2nd?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It might be $30k. Not positive

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That one was a bummer for him. He went out and did what should have been enough to win. Can’t do anything when a guy get on a hot big fish bite. That low day 3 weight really hurt him

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Tough to catch a guy that’s having the final day that Palaniuk had. He was stroking them.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Another good smallmouth tourney. Looks like there are going to be a fair amount of 20 lb. bags. I don’t think the 100 Lb. mark is possible in this one. The fish just are not fat enough. Looks like both Minnesota fishermen are doing well today. You knew the Johnson Brother’s from Canada would once again be up near the top of the standings. Those boys just know how to catch SM on these large waters. Sadly the next 4 events are down south. Normally that would be fun tourneys, but with it happening in the late summer and fall I don’t think we will see the BIG weights we normally do from those lakes.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Shocked John Cox the shallow water expert is in the lead…..But then again they can all flat out fish.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Just checked in on the Elite tourney. Feider is sitting in 13th with 3 for 16-5! He’s leading the big bass with a 9-9! applause Hopefully he can pick up a couple more keepers today.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Feider now in 3rd with 23-4 and the Big bass of the day at 9-9. Hope felix can catch a few before the end of the day. He’s in 2nd place coming into this final tourney of the year in Angler of the year points. That would be HUGE to win that title in his rookie year on tour.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t think anyone was catching Walters. He could’ve kept his boat on the trailer on the final day and still won. Pretty cool to see a local guy like Felix doing so well.

tornadochaser

Rookie of the Year for Austin. Nice work.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Lakeville MN guy Rich Lindgren (aka Hellabass on forums and Youtube) is currently fighting for the lead on day One of the <em class=”ido-tag-em”>BASS Nation Championship on Pickwick. He was leading for a bit this morning.

https://m.bassmaster.com/basstrakk/tournaments/2020-tnt-fireworks-bass-nation-championship-lake-pickwick

I know Rich. He is a Great guy and a incredible fishermen. Hope he can continue and finish well.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Its been a great Tourney Season for Minnesota Fishermen. Felix winning the Rookie of the year. Both Him and Seth in the angler of the year race right up to the end. Seth ending the season with Big Bass at the final tourney and Taking home a New Toyota – Great for him. Several other fishermen doing well at Various open events all season. It great that the rest of the country is getting to see how good of Bass fishermen alot of Minnesota fishermen are.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve been watching Rich this year also. Gotten to know him a little bit just talking back and forth. Making one helluva run.

munchy
    NULL

Currently sitting in 4th, 1lb 6oz behind the leader.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The leader absolutely slays in WI from what I’ve heard. Don’t know him.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Been watching MLF from Grand Rapids, filmed this Summer, the last few weekends. They are letting them keep one pounders. Fun to watch. Better than shoveling and chiseling Ice off the driveway. I wish they’d show them catching a pike or walleye. It has to happen.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

1st Bassmaster event of the year. They had a rather long Fog delay this morning so day #1 is going to be a rather short one. Looks like there are some big fish being caught. With the weather warming the next few days the fishing should only get better each day. More and more big females moving to the bank. With the short off season due to the extended season last year, lots of guys had to really scramble to get all the new gear ready. Some just got there boats last week. Boy would I love to be down in florida doing what they are right about now. With our temps not likely to get above 0 this weekend and possibly be near -25, their mids 70’s temps would feel Great !!!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Man it got me thinking about bass fishing again. My ice fishing days might be numbered after watching this tourney for the weekend. Couple 8 lbers caught and one killer 25lb bag and they only got 4 hours to fish today. Glad it’s back.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Looks like Seth made the top 10 cut for the final day.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Crazy tourney. Day 1 and 2 leader catches almost nothing on days 3 and championship day. Seth has a poor day 1 then doubles his weight on day 2. Then triple’s his weight on day 3 and ends up with a nice 3rd place finish to start the season. A rookie wins the 1st event of the season, although I doubt this will be his only one.

FryDog62

A rookie wins the 1st event of the season, although I doubt this will be his only one.

You look at a couple young guys in the Top 5 many years fall off as the season goes on. But these two guys (New and Walters) especially Walters, the way they use electronics I think will stay on top or at least relevant as the season goes on. The veterans are watching what they do and my guess a bunch of guys will have 3 different brands of electronics on their bow before end of the year – you can only beat the bank like everyone else so much…

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

I know the Feiderman gets a lot of attention these days, but there’s another hometown hero, Bob Downey, from Eagan in the pack. Been able to fish with him a handful of times over the last few years and really is a great down to earth guy. Hoping he makes some noise this year!

I wonder if James would ever do a show with a Seth Feider type fishing celeb. Might be a cool show seeing them pull up pig smallies on tonka or mille lacs.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 565 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.