How many are impacted with job loss?

• mrpike1973

I’m still fortunate so far that I can work so far. I work at a medical factory, my bride is a hair stylist I’m amazed they are still open yet. As much of a hurt it will be for all I wish they would close in my mind just to close to people. My best guess is within a day or so she will be unemployed also. I just want to say to my fellow IDO family: Godspeed hang in there as sportsmen and sportswomen I feel we are a great bunch of people we know how to survive. With any luck I’m hoping to get the boat out this weekend I feel if my wife can be 6 feet away in the boat we should be good wink . Just trying to uplift some peoples spirits today it’s tough I know but 31 years ago I was in 11th grade homeless only owned a pickup that I slept in. Hardly ate but I graduated high school got to where I am today I’m happy love fishing great wife and anyone who has been homeless knows that being homebound with a roof over your head and family is a great blessing. Be thankful for what you have everyone hug your wife/husband son/daughter mom/dad significant other the cat the dog parakeet anyone you care about today toast Ok just blowing off some pent up stress thanks Brent

munchy
    NULL

Not yet, however I’m able to work on my own away from people for the most part.

Was supposed to go to Utah for work next week but that finally got canceled about an hour ago.

Deuces

Nothing immediate, few teachers in the fam but they will get paid. Many service sector workers, and every single one has legitimate concerns for the next 2-3 months.

I’m personally looking into avenues not looked into before if work goes way south.

Hold on to your pants!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Curious of how businesses that shut down will handle the situation. To me how a business handles the treatment of their employee’s in a situation like this says a lot about a companies integrity – Here’s to hoping that most companies treat their employee’s well.

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

My wife’s employer closed the doors last night until further notice, probably until the CDC loosens recommendations for gatherings which may be months. She’s got some sick leave she can collect and, hopefully, unemployment will cover some after that. If not we’ve lost 1/3 of our household income. Either way, we’ll get by but it will definitely change our savings plans and discretionary spending habits.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Nothing immediate, few teachers in the fam but they will get laid.

Hold on to your pants!!

Sorry but that’s funny…

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Nothing immediate, few teachers in the fam but they will get laid. Many service sector workers, and every single one has legitimate concerns for the next 2-3 months.

I’m personally looking into avenues not looked into before if work goes way south.

Hold on to your pants!!

It’s great to hear that the teachers in your fam are getting laid. woot Sorry just had to lighten things up.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>
    Nothing immediate, few teachers in the fam but they will get laid. Many service sector workers, and every single one has legitimate concerns for the next 2-3 months.

Hold on to your pants!!

It’s great to hear that the teachers in your fam are getting laid. woot Sorry just had to lighten things up.

Funny.

FryDog62

I’m a consultant on 100% commission and pay for my own benefits… so yeah, when my clients shut down, I do too…

Deuces

Good catch fellas, I missed it. That is funny.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

My wife and I are doing okay right now. She works for a small company that deals in rare currency so she’s not dealing with the public. I am able to work remotely from just about anywhere right now. I can hold meetings using any number of web based meeting rooms.

Now one of my best friends told me that the strip club he works as a bouncer as side job(full time sheriff deputy). He said that all the people there were in tears when they were told that they had to close for now. It really made me think of all those in the service industry who aren’t as fortunate to have a job that allows you to work from home. Or that is small enough you don’t violate the 10 person max recommendation. This is really going to hurt a lot of people.

If you can, please think of donating either non perishable food or a couple bucks to your local food pantries. There are a lot of people who are going to be needing it at some point if this goes on for a while yet. I know sometimes we get caught up in our own bubble and don’t see how it affects those in our periphery, myself included. This is not meant to be political so don’t take it that way, but we all need to look out for each other in times like this.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

haha my browser was old. guess im late to the party lol. glad others caught that. that’s funny

tangler
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>
    few teachers in the fam but they will get laid.

toast whistling

Mrs. Tangler is a teacher. I wish i shared your confidence Beads devil

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

As stressful as it is working with and around multiple patients with the virus and many more waiting to hear test results, I’m very thankful to be working and knowing I will be getting my paychecks. Hope the government and/or companies will support you all that are not currently working. Hoping for the best for everyone on here.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I was out to get a few groceries and I stopped at the local liquor store. I’m walking in and a beer delivery truck drives up and parks right in front of the store.

The trailer was festooned in a full-on ad for … wait for it… Carona!

I couldn’t stop myself. The driver got out and I said to him, “I’m so, so sorry.”

He said, “Freaking tell me about it. People honking at me, laughing at me, pointing at me, making jokes. Grow up for cripe’s sake. I used to be able to just deliver beer.”

I told him to keep his chin up. There’s a war on, we’ve all got to do our bit.

Grouse

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

That is a good idea to donate to the food shelf if you can. I know I have plenty of food and will be donating. I can live on just meat. My wife is self employed and people have been calling her non stop cancelling their appointments. This will affect my family greatly and I feel for other people in the service industry.

Nick My brothers wife and sisters boyfriend are teachers so I will share with them the good news.

Rick Janssen

I work for a TV station so I can do a lot of work from home – but my main job is advertising sales and as you might guess, NO ONE is really interested in talking about advertising right now. With many sporting events being called off all those commercials that I sold for March Madness etc are just GONE. I am paid on commission so when the commercials don’t run – I don’t get paid. I am OLD and have enough money set aside for awhile, but others in my position are not so lucky. My heart goes out to the many who will be hurting in the near future. I also realize that it is JUST MONEY and there so so many more important things to think about now. I am a rich man – I have a family that loves me, I have my faith, and I have great friends – what more do I really need.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

IDO is a family so I’ll be praying that all of you can weather this storm and not tae a beating.

Carole and I are either in our 70’s or near to be and we’ve decided to hole up and let life slide on by. We’ll have to hit a grocery store for milk and such but we’re actually in good shape and in reasonably decent health. I have copd and am medicated for chronic AFIB. We plan to continue our daily walking of about two miles, but will do so outside in God’s great outdoors. I’ll likely slip off to some shoreline honey holes I know of for some diversion and I always have some yard work to tend to. I got half of the front yard raked today before the wind ramped up and plan to peck away until the front is finished, then I’ll work with her at getting the flower beds spiffed up.

Carole and I have both been thru crisis like this a couple times before. If I could add anything to what’s already been thrown out here, I’d say to take a deep breath and realize where you are exactly. Be mindful of the precautions we have to take but don’t by any means let this drive you. Stay in charge of yourself and don’t give in to the panic or manic thinking. It takes time, but everything will work out. It always does.

sji

If you can, please think of donating either non perishable food or a couple bucks to your local food pantries. There are a lot of people who are going to be needing it at some point if this goes on for a while yet

A roll or two of TP might be in order also. coffee

blackbay
    mn

Now one of my best friends told me that the strip club he works as a bouncer as side job(full time sheriff deputy). He said that all the people there were in tears when they were told that they had to close for now. It really made me think of all those in the service industry…

Strip club, service industry…? whistling

I get what you are saying, but I had to laugh. lol

mrpike1973

The bride called me they are expected to be laid off 2-6 weeks not fun but we will make it.

bobberstop4054

I got back from jamicica last Wednesday evening woke up Thursday with all the symptoms~Im 66 no big deal people

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just the tip of the iceberg folks, just the tip.

chris
    northern Illinois

I work for a sewer dept. and was told today that the only way we won’t work is if we get the corona so I am thankful for that, I think.

Deleted

Wife was called before work, both yesterday & today. “You can take the day off and use PTO, we don’t need everyone”…..she took the day off yesterday but went in today. I have a feeling that all this nonsense could affect us more. Hopefully it’s all short term & minimal death occurs.

munchy
    NULL

IDO is a family so I’ll be praying that all of you can weather this storm and not tae a beating.

Carole and I are either in our 70’s or near to be and we’ve decided to hole up and let life slide on by. We’ll have to hit a grocery store for milk and such but we’re actually in good shape and in reasonably decent health. I have copd and am medicated for chronic AFIB. We plan to continue our daily walking of about two miles, but will do so outside in God’s great outdoors. I’ll likely slip off to some shoreline honey holes I know of for some diversion and I always have some yard work to tend to. I got half of the front yard raked today before the wind ramped up and plan to peck away until the front is finished, then I’ll work with her at getting the flower beds spiffed up.

Carole and I have both been thru crisis like this a couple times before. If I could add anything to what’s already been thrown out here, I’d say to take a deep breath and realize where you are exactly. Be mindful of the precautions we have to take but don’t by any means let this drive you. Stay in charge of yourself and don’t give in to the panic or manic thinking. It takes time, but everything will work out. It always does.

Tom, if there’s anything I can do or get for you and Carole just let me know. I’m not far away.

hillhiker
    SE MN

Lucky to already work from home if I’m not traveling. With that essentially done at this point, outside of an emergency, life will go on around home. Hopefully we get some more weather like this. Its still safe to be in the woods!

Attachments:
    1. 20200317_145818.jpg

MNdrifter

Found out yesterday I’m a “class one essential front line employee”. Got to keep the lights on and natural gas flowing.

Attachments:
    1. 82AEBC23-5B07-443E-8029-16FECE580E25.jpeg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.