Hole hop longer ice rod

• mann4ducks

Anyone using the Elliot evolution light 44”. Trying to see how the power curve comes in. Not a lot on YouTube showing action. I was looking at the FB 37” drench but it looks to bend all the way into the handle not my favorite action. Looking for one more rod for large ID perch typ My wife Sets in a otter and I move around Any help from the guys with access to these rods , with hands on experience. appreciated

Attachments:
    1. C785D647-F3E6-4DA6-8A64-6112546A255D.jpeg

Gilgetter

Check out Tom Boley on YouTube he is running those rods. I played with one at Scheels and I wish I would have pulled the trigger. Only reason I didn’t is because I have a hard time finding cases to even hold my 36″ rods. Once you go to a longer rod you won’t go back. They load better and hook and hold fish better in my opinion anyway.

mann4ducks

Thanks I have watched him. Is he using the light or the medium 42”. Like the action on vids. Pic of wife I need to teach her to hold fish out at arms length I will show her IDOs pics posted With the perch. that’s is how you hold a fish LOL just kidding

Gilgetter

Thanks I have watched him. Is he using the light or the medium 42”. Like the action on vids. Pic of wife I need to teach her to hold fish out at arms length I will show her IDOs pics posted With the perch. that’s is how you hold a fish LOL just kidding

I have seen videos of him using a 44″ UL and the 42″L. He uses the UL for crappie but was using it as a walleye dead stick as well. He has a relationship with Elliot rods so I think he has good access. They must build small batches they seem to sell out often.

Gilgetter

I am like you. In the last three years I can count on one hand how many days I’ve used a shelter. I fish outside almost all the time. Much more mobile. If it’s super cold and windy I stay home and watch other people fish on TV or I’ll sit in the truck run tip ups or fish from the seat with the door open.

Gilgetter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gilgetter wrote:</div>
    Only reason I didn’t is because I have a hard time finding cases to even hold my 36″ rods.

Saw this at Scheels: https://www.scheels.com/p/scheels-outfitters-ultimate-2.0-ice-combo-case/08227100172.html

Pretty pricey but it does look nice.

Those are nice cases and almost the only option for noodle rods. Even that one will still be short to house the 44″ rod. It’s always give and take. Those cases are heavy and bulky but they offer the best protection. I actually have a pelican rifle case I use once I can drive out. Hole hopping I have resorted to using rod sleeves I made out of pvc pipe. I store them under the seat in my clam. I like noodle rods but they are a bit unpractical for the abuse of ice fishing.

Gary

Anybody get the evolution 44 inch light or the 42 inch medium for Christmas and have any feedback for walleye?

Only reason I would be interested is I’m getting old and need to stand or lean/sit on a wheeler outside and a long rod would be better. They are expensive for sure but I received presents that I’ll never use or are duplicates so would be an exchange.

Gary

Appreciate the link!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.