HEY EVERYBODY!!! It’s started!

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I will be real sad if we hit 80 this weekend. Hopefully we get enough rain to keep temps down.

Not sure where you are in Anoka county but most of the area there is showing upper 80’s to lower 90’s for the weekend. Right now it looks like you may be really sad. frown

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think he’s talking about water temps. I was on a smaller lake in the north part of Washington County and the water temps were 72-74 yesterday.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think he’s talking about water temps. I was on a smaller lake in the north part of Washington County and the water temps were 72-74 yesterday.

Depending on the time of the day you fished yesterday. I would not be surprised if the surface temps in the smaller bays on that same lake are up a few more deg’s by this afternoon. right now its 88 Deg’s here in Saint Cloud. I’m not saying surface temps will be at or near 80 everywhere, but I bet it will be getting close at a fair # of lakes by this weekend. If you get out over the weekend, report back what temps you are seeing.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I won’t be this weekend, but I’d guess high 70s.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I was referring to water temps. Trying to fish muskies early sunday but will bring a bass setup just in case.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

74 last night on Sibley in Pequot. Fish surfacing everywhere. Lake is low. Need some rain- overnight, during the week.

Michael Best

Water temp on Pelican by Ashby was 78 degrees today. Wow were the fish biting good.
    Started off mid morning with a KVD 1.5 and chatter bait. The fish were really liking that 1.5. They would have the whole bait in their mouth.
    As we got closer to noon the fish wanted things slower. I caught them on a Missle bait Da Bomb in 2 different colors Blue/Black and Green Pumpkin. My dad threw a 10” red shad power worm.
    Together we ended up with 48 largemouth caught ranging from 1.5 lbs to 4 lbs.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Water temp on Pelican by Ashby was 78 degrees today. Wow were the fish biting good.
    Started off mid morning with a KVD 1.5 and chatter bait. The fish were really liking that 1.5. They would have the whole bait in their mouth.
    As we got closer to noon the fish wanted things slower. I caught them on a Missle bait Da Bomb in 2 different colors Blue/Black and Green Pumpkin. My dad threw a 10” red shad power worm.
    Together we ended up with 48 largemouth caught ranging from 1.5 lbs to 4 lbs.

Love that squarebill. If you really want to have fun move up to the 2.5! Still get the 1-2 lbers but you mix in a lot more big ones too. Not that the 1.5 doesn’t catch bigs either.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The neko cleaned up shop in the tourney last night, well that and a jig and craw.
    A few bonus pike with 1 being over 36, 2 bonus walleye and they got big fish of the night and 2nd place.

Attachments:
    1. 20230605_184410-scaled.jpg

2. 20230605_191133-scaled.jpg

3. 20230605_203154-scaled.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice job, dandy pike too. applause

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nice job, dandy <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>pike too. applause

It was a pretty fun night. I was dreading it because I can’t stand 92 degrees and sunny in the boat. But it ended up being a great night. The boys are really taking my suggestions and listening. I could tell it was a struggle fishing the jig and neko for them. But once they finally listened to the slower the better it started working and producing nice fish.

Michael Best

Fished Lida lake on Sunday. I would say half the smallies were still on beds. Water temps were 70 to 72 degrees.
    The other half were cruising around.
    Could not get any fish to hit a bait that was moving.
    Other than one on a ned rig the rest came on a drop shot that was dead sticked either in the bed or just in front of a fish that was roaming.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yes!!!! 2nd place! That looks like they had a nice bag! Neko is so deadly.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yes!!!! 2nd place! That looks like they had a nice bag! Neko is so deadly.

Where’s the best place to get nail weights. I ordered some from woo tungsten yesterday, I get 25 percent off through the league, but is there cheaper options that I can buy in more bulk

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Not really. If you’re getting 25% off that’s about what you’d get ordering them in bulk from the chinese place all the manufacturers get their’s made by.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

After cleaning house on my two local lakes with the neko, that bite was shut off this morning. Not sure if it was the cold front or the clouds, but It took me about an hour to find them. I was happy to find them on shoreline structure and docks which is one of my favorite ways to fish. Two over 3 lbs and a bunch of 2 plus lbers. Always fun when your dragging them out from under trees and docks.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

After cleaning house on my two local lakes with the neko, that bite was shut off this morning. Not sure if it was the cold front or the clouds, but It took me about an hour to find them. I was happy to find them on shoreline structure and docks which is one of my favorite ways to fish. Two over 3 lbs and a bunch of 2 plus lbers. Always fun when your dragging them out from under trees and docks.

I caught some fish last weekend on the neko, including my biggest largie this season. Just thought you would like to know that. toast

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Way to go BC and gang.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

I’m in a multi species very casual league. The last 2 events we fished Pelican, Breezy Point and Pine Mt, Backus. I’ve caught 5 dogfish in the last 2 weeks. Tx rig craw and chatterbaits. Fun as hell to catch. Fight like a freight train. Destroy your tackle, too. If a guy could catch 10of those in a day, it would be great. Anyone else tangle with these cats?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Anyone else tangle with these cats?

Shouldn’t the technical term be “dogs” since they’re aptly nicknamed a dogfish?

I’ve only ever caught one and it wouldn’t bother me if I never caught another. Tackle wreckers, worse than a pike. Jaws like a vice too. Wouldn’t surprise me if they could slither across land from one swamp to another to survive.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Caught a couple in tournaments on frogs before in nasty slop. Thought I had the state record on both times. jester

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would like to try the Neko but when I put the hook in it just rips out even with the o-ring. Any suggestions. Noticed a bit of a Ned rig bite as well some bass on the weed edges already.

I have never had this issue until this last week. I was on hot neko bite and I bet 1/4 of my bites I’d either set the hook and the worm would slip out of the o ring or I would be fighting the fish and after a bit the same thing would happen. Reel is in and the worm is gone but the o ring was still on the hook somehow. Maddening. Happened with a regular Yum Dinger and a Yum Genie. Don’t understand how it’s just happening all of a sudden and not the last three years I’ve been fishing this rig.

I’m going to get the VMC O ring tool and bands and see if that makes a difference.

Viewing 23 posts - 31 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.