Helix 7 DI G2N – Bad Transducer?

• Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Hey guys – I got my Helix setup for a trip next week but when turning it on I noticed to get a floor reading at home I needed the gain to be at almost halfway (10 out of 20) – Does that seem normal?

Mine is a chirp model, so I was wondering if I maybe had an old non chirp transducer but I don’t even know if that would matter. I know the Bird ducers are hardly that well built.

Compared to my backup FL8-SE, its a bit concerning. That shows a floor reading with the gain basically at zero.

Joe

Trying it in water is the only way to check it. I was messing around my helix 5 ice at home when i got it and it would not work either.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

What software version do you have on it? I do agree that it needs to be in water to read correctly. I recently updated my software on the exact same unit as you and it seems to work much better than it did last winter just off the default settings.

https://www.humminbird.com/support/software-updates

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

I usually always have my sensitivity between 8-12 while running clear mode. Yes 10 is normal to pick up your garage floor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.