Heated body suits

• buck-slayer

Anyone use this? How is it heated? Pros and cons. What manufacturer makes the best one?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Probably start by going to their websites and reading about them….. NO the hbs isn’t heated.

I wear an IWOM.
    First time this past weekend wearing it, used 3x. On ground and in climber. It’s awesome. Imo much better than hbs.

Attachments:
    1. 20201018_072748.jpg

2. 20201017_090639.jpg

buck-slayer

Who sells the Iwom and what is the cost. Looks like something I need. So you don’t need to wear a lot of warm clothes underneath. Insulated pants and sweatshirt is enough?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Who sells the Iwom and what is the cost. Looks like something I need. So you don’t need to wear a lot of warm clothes underneath. Insulated pants and sweatshirt is enough?

Iwom
    $400
    I wore light pants, light shirt, uninsulated boots this weekend.

I’ll continue to do that but will also walk in with my heated vest, and a light pair of sweatpants as it gets colder.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these this year, but didn’t. Really regretting that decision now…..

buck-slayer

I ended buying a Milwaukee heated jacket at Home Depot. Battery last approximately 3 hrs and actually keeps me warm. Its not like the heater in the car but you can feel the warmth it puts out. Got a extra battery. Cost for all was $270 minus 11% off 29.70 and signed up for credit card and got another $50 off. Money back will be in gift cards to HD. Will cancel credit once it all comes through.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Pulled the trigger and bought an IWOM today. Enough is enough! Had the last few days set aside to do some serious bow hunting and froze out to the point I couldn’t even hunt much longer than a couple hours on stand. Froze out well before prime time! Didn’t even bother with morning sits. In reality it really wasn’t even that cold yet, but with this early winter, I haven’t had the chance to get my “winter skin” and I think I may be getting colder easier as I get older.

Anyway, hoping this solves my issues and I can get more stand time during the colder months!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Anyway, hoping this solves my issues and I can get more stand time during the colder months!

Im quite sure it will.
    Be sure to work the strap used for parka mode 20 or better times to “work it in” before going hunting. It is stiff from factory. There’s videos on how to use all the features.

Enjoy!

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Thanks, good to know. I’ll be doing lots of practice runs in the back yard to get it broken in. And of course the weather is trending back to warmer temps now… 😆 looks like I guaranteed us a very mild deer season now!

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

IWOM came today already! Awesome it shipped so fast!

First impressions are this this is amazing! Seems to be built solid. Got the Predator camo, which IMO is one of the best patterns on the market. And considering the time of year it will get used, the backdrop should be predominantly white and grey. Only first impression concern is will the belt strap hold up when it’s in pack mode. Belt and buckle seem kind of flimsy considering the weight of it. Other than that, it seems legit and I’m pumped to use it!

Rick Z
    Stark MN

Bumping this to the top. For those that have used the IWOM for a couple years now what do you think? is it worth the $400?

Thanks!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Bumping this to the top. For those that have used the IWOM for a couple years now what do you think? is it worth the $400?

Thanks!

Yup

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I was convinced I couldn’t use iwom in my saddle, but looks like with a slight mod to my saddle fixed bridge making one side removable I’ll be in a tree swinging from my saddle with an iwom keeping me warm! waytogo

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.