Side Imaging quiz #2: can you identify this?

• jhalfen

I hope you can, because I don’t know what this one is!

Our last Side Imaging quiz was so much fun, I thought we’d do it again. This quiz has no wrong answers, however. Let’s just see if we can come up with some reasonable ideas about the identity of this object.

This circular object sits in about 10 feet of water, in an area with a relatively soft/mucky bottom, in Lake Wissota.

I have a guess, but I want to hear what you guys think first!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

reasonable ideas

I’m out.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Looks like a “fun island” that went to the bottom….although my guess might be altered if I knew approximately how big that circle was.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

UFO touch down. And how do you interpret these images again? What’s the black line down the center?

kinny

Help us out here: what is the side image distance set at on this photo?

KirtH
    Lakeville

Crop circle in a cabbage bed, they were trying to hide them but leave it up to SI Bird to find it

jhalfen

The full screen capture is below. My Side Imaging range is 125 feet.

The portion we’re focusing on is in the red (2x) zoom box.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Lid from a Pringles can? How big is this J?

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

a silo base thier is farmstead on pre flooded Wissota correct? Stan

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

A Ringworm sore the size of Detroit.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

EASY ONE – I had the exact same SI image last year on a muck bottom lake. I was screwing around doing dounuts while waiting on my brother-n-law back the trailer in. Would let the boat set back down in the water and gun it while trimmed all the way up and wheel turned. When the boat stood up, I would leave a ring just like that. When I saw the SI image of it, I did the Olympic Rings on the bottom of the lake I know to some , that may have been a stupid move…..but it was fun. Had 4 good rings! If I can find the image on last years file, I’ll post them

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I do not know what it is but I KNOW WHERE IT IS. hay maybe it is the 19th hole

If memory serves me there are 2 out there not to far from each other 19th and 20th

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hey sloboat what is it? it is located between Bob’s and Pete’s just out from the outside channel

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The ring left over after disturbing an underwater Sasquatch that propelled itself into the depth once disturbed.

outdoor_guy
    Norway,Michigan (In DA UP)

Looks like a silo base to me.

raapala
    Eau Claire, WI

That is one big ars beer can!!

raapala
    Eau Claire, WI

Serious, there are supposedly silos down there, is this one? If not have you seen any that would cast a shadow, i.e. some remaining height?

reddog

Foundation for an old corn crib or grain bin.

or, a trampoline, without the legs that maybe some redneck was pulling around on the ice at one time.

jhalfen

My guess is also that it’s an old foundation, likely for a silo that existed before Wissota was flooded.

This circle sits in ~ 10 feet of water near an old creekbed. Since Wissota’s water level increased 25-30 feet after the dam was closed, this old farm must have been 15-20 feet above the level of the nearby creek.

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Since Wissota’s water level increased 25-30 feet after the dam was closed, this old farm must have been 15-20 feet above the level of the nearby creek.

I was told just the other day from a old boy the level was increased 29′

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.