Handgun itarget

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Does anyone use a laser setup for practicing with their handguns? A friend referred itarget to me. He has it, and says out to 25 yards it is very accurate. Looking online, there are a few options of practice lasers a guy could try. Of course they all tell you that dry firing you’re gun isn’t hard on it, I don’t know if that’s true.
    During these very lean times of finding ammo, I’m curious if this is a good option.

deertracker

Dry fire exercises are great for working on your trigger press.
    DT

munchy
    NULL

Of course they all tell you that dry firing you’re gun isn’t hard on it, I don’t know if that’s true.

Dry firing repeatedly without anything in the chamber is bad. However these target systems likely have a snapcap in them that mimics a bullet and gives the firing pin a surface to hit.

Looking at the iTarget the laser bullet is a snap cap that triggers the laser for a split second when the firing pin hits it. So it’s acting just like a bullet, just without bang.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

My LCR 38 Special I have Crimson Tide laser sight, amazed just having that how it has helped me work on trigger pull. Dry firing I was pulling up and to the right, some practice watching the laser on a wall as I went thru the trigger pull I cleaned up that problem rather quickly.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I wouldn’t worry very much about dry firing being hard on your gun with a snap cap or without. I have pistols with thousand upon thousands of dry firings on them with no snap cap. Striker fire pistols actually feel better and better the more I dry fire them.

I think something like Itarget would make dry fire more fun in some instances, but definitely not necessary.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.