• Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

The Sylvia in Wright County???

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

yep its in wright county

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I would say that shallow dark bottomed bays with emerging pads would be good. The Channel between the lakes has some good spots. Topwater, Trick Worms, and Super Flukes will go good in these areas.

If there is wind/overcast, spinnerbaits and rattlebaits on the weed flats.

A pattern you might want to try is medium deep running cranks “knocking rocks” along hard bottom areas in 6 to 10 feet.

Sylvia/Twin is great for numbers but catching bigger fish is a challenge. It is a really good lake to learn new techniques on because of the good fish population and abundant structure and cover types.

CentralBassman

I would agree with Basspastor, You guy should be able to catch fish just about anywhere. I have fished this lake a few time over the years. He is right deep water is your best bet for big fish…. Hit me up with a PM!!

coppertop
    Central MN

While in a sporting good store I noticed they were clearancing out a rape/turnip plot seed which I had planted this past season w/great success. I’m wondering if I purchased this seed that has a test date of 8/2010 if it would be good to go germination wise for a fall 2011 planting? I’m thinking so but not sure. I could get my seed for half price as I plan on expanding my plot and all savings help, plus I can buy more lime and fertilizer with the savings. Just wondering

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

With proper storage, (Cool dry and dark)brassicas will be fine for 1 year I buy in 50# bags and allways have some left over I usually mix the older seed with new seed for piece of mind

lick

Randy While you may only get 75 % germination. At a 50% savings I would say it is still a good deal

john_steinhauer
    p4

the only seed i had no luck with that was some year old beet seeds and i planted two gal bags full and not a one grew i worked for a agriculture company for 4 years and it seems if stored right some will grow like pat said 75% germ rate would be pretty close mixing them in with new seeds wouldnt hurt to help fill in spots where some may not grow the price is right and i think it would be worth picking a bag up to try or you could go to a farm co op that sells seed and see what they got laying around for broken bags prob get a couple half bags for free

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.