Goodbye AP

• weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Queens won’t be picking up APs option, I don’t mind the move I think it’s time to move on. He is such a one dimensional RB and they need help elsewhere. Although, hopefully they have a plan in place to replace him.

zooks

Too expensive, can’t stay healthy, can’t pass block, puts the ball on the ground – that’s not a RB I want on my favorite team. See ya later.

munchy
    NULL

3 years too late…

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Im guessing he will test the market, realize that noone will pay him more than 5 million & end up staying here for around 5 million.. Big question is, where will they spend all that extra dough?

zooks

Big question is, where will they spend all that extra dough?

That’s easy – 2 or 3 OL. Plenty of tackles to take a 1 yr flyer on (Okung, Beachum, Clady, even Kalil if $$ are right) and lots of good guards to sign to a long term deal (Zeitler, Leary, Warford, Warmack). Most of those guys won’t be cheap but since Spielman won’t draft OL, he’s got to pay for it.

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gonecribbin wrote:</div>
    Big question is, where will they spend all that extra dough?

That’s easy – 2 or 3 OL. Plenty of tackles to take a 1 yr flyer on (Okung, Beachum, Clady, even Kalil if $$ are right) and lots of good guards to sign to a long term deal (Zeitler, Leary, Warford, Warmack). Most of those guys won’t be cheap but since Spielman won’t draft OL, he’s got to pay for it.

Geesh, even AP could put up 1000 yds behind all those guys

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

What? Who can we get to replace his 4-5 games per season? It was time to switch things up anyway.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

He was a lot of fun to watch for many years but that was, well, years ago.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Whether people want to admit it or not, he will go down as a lot of people favorite Viking of all time for what he did his first 7 years. Unfortunately, a player that routinely has to come off the field on 3rd downs is not a player that deserves a big pay day. I’ll still guess there’s a 25% chance that he plays in MN next year under about $4-6 million. And a 75% chance that both AP and MN agree that it is just simply time to move on, with no hard feelings, and he’ll play elsewhere for $3-5 million.

zooks

Geesh, even AP could put up 1000 yds behind all those guys

That’s kind of the point. Spend $12M+ this year on two quality lineman and find someone else to run the ball, no need to give AP $18M to run into the backs of bad OL. I also think McKinnon will be better than last year and they can probably get a replacement for Asiata in the 4th round or FA scrapheap.

Whether people want to admit it or not, he will go down as a lot of people favorite Viking of all time for what he did his first 7 years. Unfortunately, a player that routinely has to come off the field on 3rd downs is not a player that deserves a big pay day. I’ll still guess there’s a 25% chance that he plays in MN next year under about $4-6 million. And a 75% chance that both AP and MN agree that it is just simply time to move on, with no hard feelings, and he’ll play elsewhere for $3-5 million.

I agree with this as well, he was really fun to watch the first 7 years. I would lower those %’s to something more like 10/90, suspect he plays somewhere else out of personal pride. IMO it’s gonna be tough for him to find a job and paycheck he likes, though – Jamaal Charles got cut today too and I’d take him over AP in today’s NFL.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

When he started hitting his kid with a stick harder then he hit a hole he could go. He won’t be missed.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

My 2cents is that he’ll go to the Raiders

gary d
    cordova,il

[]3 years too late

You have that right!!!!

Kyhl
    Savage

3 years too late…

6 years too late. I’ve not been a fan of his for a long time because of his lack of pass blocking. The offense has been way to predictable the last few years. Maybe they could have gotten some offense linemen from trading him six years ago. Now, nothin.

AP in the game is probably a run play because he can’t pass block.
    AP out is high probability of a pass because there is blocking.
    That is all defenses have needed to know for years.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Whether people want to admit it or not, he will go down as a lot of people favorite Viking of all time for what he did his first 7 years.

Yep, he was this team for several seasons.

zooks

When he started hitting his kid with a stick harder then he hit a hole he could go. He won’t be missed.

I wasn’t gonna bring it up but… yeah, I have no time for anyone like that either.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

He probably buys liquor on Sunday too. Hope you callus monkeybutts never spanked your children.

And…..we’re off!

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mnrabbit wrote:</div>
    Whether people want to admit it or not, he will go down as a lot of people favorite Viking of all time for what he did his first 7 years.

Yep, he was this team for several seasons.

He was and it kind of sucks they didn’t take advantage of it while in his prime but with the vikes ever revolving door at QB it wasn’t going to happen.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He probably buys liquor on Sunday too. Hope you callus monkeybutts never spanked your children.

And…..we’re off!

I was never a muscle bound professional athlete who needed a piece of wood to spank a 4 year old.

You can’t “spin” this one.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think the heat and humidity are gettin’ to him….. devil jester rotflol

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s a shame the Vikings best chance at a super bowl was marred by two back breaking AP fumbles and a Brett Favre gunslinger INT.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s a shame the Vikings best chance at a super bowl was marred by two back breaking AP fumbles and a Brett Favre gunslinger INT.

There best chance was likely before you were born. They actually played in 4 Super Bowls. But I see where you were trying to go.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

He’s Gone!

He’s pulling all of Terrell Owens tricks out of the bag now, posting video clips of himself working out.
    The Vikings lack of correctly valuing their assets have caused them to carry him
    4-5 years longer than they should have.

The Patriots would have traded him when his value was peaking and never come close to paying the ransom he squeezed out of the Vikings. Now they might get him at a discount.

coffee

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.