Go Pack Go!

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Packers cornerback Jaire Alexander has been suspended 1 game by the team for participating in the coin toss last Sunday at Carolina. He was not listed as a captain for the game but decided that since he is from Charlotte, NC he would participate anyways. doah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

duplicate

Joe

He’s an idiot. Anyone that has listened to him talk knows this. In addition to being an idiot, his shoulder is always hurt from patting himself on the back lol

Brittman

Vikings will need every break they can come Sunday evening

Beast

He’s an idiot. Anyone that has listened to him talk knows this. In addition to being an idiot, his shoulder is always hurt from patting himself on the back lol

you can’t even begin to list all the Idiots that the Vikings have had on they’re teams over the years, Green Bay did the right thing, sit his ass down, he’s not above the team.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

They can ship that punk Alexander’s ass out of town with Joe Barry after this year. Highest paid corner back in football this year. I think I read he has 4 pass breakups this year. That’s over 5 million per breakup.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They can ship that punk Alexander’s ass out of town with Joe Barry after this year. Highest paid corner back in football this year.

LOL get him outta here and take Joe Barry with! moon

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

i’d hung on to the idea that the problems with the defense were more of a personnel issue than a scheme issue – and i still do to some degree. this is a very young defense with a few legit stars and a bunch of others.

at the same time, the Packers clearly have some real administrative problems on the defensive side of the ball and the players are getting frustrated, just like the fans. players are starting to make a lot of “quiet” noise that suggest they don’t like being blamed for what’s going on, especially when they play through injury.

– after a bad game against the Giants, De’Vondre Campbell says he won’t play hurt anymore because “when $*!t go wrong they always use it against you.”

– Packers did not place Jaire Alexander on IR, suggesting they thought he could return from that injury before 4 weeks. but he doesn’t. and then when he does it includes messing around with that captain nonsense and getting suspended. he’s making a mess as his approach to leaving town.

this all sure reads like a Coordinator who is pointing fingers at players rather than working with the players. one of those times where even if he’s right he’s ending up in the wrong based on how he’s doing it. LaFleur needs to replace Barry on the first day after the season or he risks losing the defensive half of the locker room more than has happened already.

Vikings…Bears…Packers…it’s a draft pick race!

Tlazer

Some have mentioned that Gute is the problem since the defense is playing so bad. I find it hard to believe that after all those pick on defense that they are all bad. I mean even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. I think there are issues in the locker room, especially on defense. I think MLF has lost the locker room especially on defense for not getting rid of Barry last year. These guys have short careers and the way they get paid is performance on the field, so the way they are playing isn’t helping any of them. I think many of them felt like we did that Barry would be gone after last year, so when MLF brought him back I think that caused a lot of problems in the locker room. Wouldn’t doubt that a lot of the players would welcome an entire coaching change next year.

Beast

I’m not saying the Pack will be world beaters, but the future looks brighter, they just need a better defensive coordinator.

Ripjiggen

I’m not saying the Pack will be world beaters, but the future looks brighter, they just need a better defensive coordinator.

rotflol rotflol

Beast

I’m just saying, if they do by chance make the playoffs with the youngest team in the NFL with all the injuries that they have had to starters, then LaFleur should be in the running for coach of the year.

Ripjiggen

I’m just saying, if they do by chance make the playoffs with the youngest team in the NFL with all the injuries that they have had to starters, then LaFleur should be in the running for coach of the year.

rotflol rotflol rotflol

dirtywater

If they beat the bears at home next week, which by all accounts they should, this team will have found a way to both over- and under-achieve this season.

I don’t think many of us expected to have a winning record or make the playoffs with a crew of first- and second-year receivers, our best offensive player out for an extended time, a first-year starter at qb, an absolute poo-show of a defense, and the youngest team in the league in general.

All that’s impressive. Then you look at the games they just threw away. Broncos, raiders, falcons, Steelers, giants all there for the taking. Winning even 2 of those 5 would make the season feel a lot different.

All in all I can’t complain. Love is not an all-time talent but he’s better than expected. The WR/TE group is young, cheap, and talented. Looking forward to watching them all grow up together. (And for the Vikings to sign Russ…)

Tlazer

Can’t believe there are Vikequeen trolls on here after getting their a** handed to them last night to a Packer team that was missing so many of their starters both on offense and defense. The Queens are a disaster with no upside in sight. At least the Pack is showing (unlike the Vikequeens) they have a future being the youngest team in the NFL. The Pack could make the playoffs and get trounced like the Queens did last year, but at least the young players get the experience of making the playoffs which will only help them going forward.

stout93
    Becker MN

Can’t believe there are Vikequeen trolls on here after getting their a** handed to them last night to a Packer team that was missing so many of their starters both on offense and defense. The Queens are a disaster with no upside in sight. At least the Pack is showing (unlike the Vikequeens) they have a future being the youngest team in the NFL. The Pack could make the playoffs and get trounced like the Queens did last year, but at least the young players get the experience of making the playoffs which will only help them going forward.

What are you? 12 years old?

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tlazer wrote:</div>

What are you? 12 years old?

Listening and reading about all the Viking fans crying today, we all know where all the 12 year olds are. rotflol

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

you’ve got to start the year right…and end the year right.

rotflol rotflol rotflol

Attachments:
    1. gpg.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t think there’s any way Green Bay can move beyond the Rams, can they? So assuming they beat the Bears at home, they’ll be the 7 seed and will likely visit Dallas in the first round.

That being said, I could see the Bears winning next week too. Last year Detroit had nothing to play for in week 18 other than keeping the Packers out of the playoffs. Similar situation looming here.

Dan Berger

They can get the 6th seed with rams loss.

Beast

I don’t think there’s any way Green Bay can move beyond the Rams, can they? So assuming they beat the Bears at home, they’ll be the 7 seed and will likely visit Dallas in the first round.

That being said, I could see the Bears winning next week too. Last year Detroit had nothing to play for in week 18 other than keeping the Packers out of the playoffs. Similar situation looming here.

Bears Packer rivalry goes back decades, to beat the pack is always a number one goal for them no matter what the records are for either team, it’s never a gimme game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They can get the 6th seed with rams loss.

Thanks. They’re playing the niners who have already sewn up the top seed so it may be second stringers for San Fran.

riverbassman

Question would be for the Vikings fans (TROLLS) on this feed….. If you could have Jordan Love right now as your QB1 would you take him? Anyone who has said something negative on Love dang well better say NO.
    As a Packer Fan, I am Happy he is ours.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m a dedicated Vikes fan so it doesn’t matter who is at the Helm because every year around the first of January I just remind myself that there is always next year. whistling
    and I don’t believe I’ll ever be sitting in my lawn chair watching the parade sad

I’ve made amends with that.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Question would be for the Vikings fans (TROLLS) on this feed….. If you could have Jordan Love right now as your QB1 would you take him? Anyone who has said something negative on Love dang well better say NO.
    As a Packer Fan, I am Happy he is ours.

LOL!!! Most the Packers fans on this thread were ready to sell Love down the river after week 6. I said earlier and still maintain he has shown some great signs to be a franchise QB. TBD on how high that ceiling is. I would need more info on contracts to decide whether I’d take him in purple. Strictly comparing talent, he’s not close to Cousins yet, so all things equal I’d take Kirk.

CaptainMusky

Love looked the part against the Vikings, but ever since the Raiders game where the D shut them out the D has gotten torched every game. So I wouldnt get too dang excited about him. Its encouraging for sure what he did and has done the last couple weeks. Green Bay is a very young team so they could be good for many years if these kids develop. Would I take Love? He would probably be better than all our backup options, but not better than Cousins. I still think I would rather sign Cousins for a couple years and roll the dice in the draft vs Love.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

a playoff game this year is way ahead of schedule to my mind, but it’s fun. i think 2025 is their first potential window to realistically compete, if they get the defensive house in order.

and rather than Love vs Cousins, i think the better comparison for Love is to other first-round draft picks in the division over the past 20 years.
    Bears: Trubisky, Grossman
    Lions: Stafford
    Vikings: Bridgewater, Ponder
    Packers: Love, Rodgers

at this point it looks like he’s on the Stafford trajectory of being a great QB whose career will be determined by the quality of the team around him. can he turn into a HOF player like Rodgers? that’s a very very high bar. there seems to be little risk of him turning into Trubisky or Ponder, but a bad injury can always derail a career like it did to Bridgewater.

at a minimum it’s clear that the coaches and managers were correct in how they assessed Jordan Love’s ability to play QB at a high level in the NFL.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Come on… Collinsworth said it… Love left his feet to make a throw… he wasn’t gonna say it but… your looking at the next Brett Favre jester jester jester

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think the Packers have themselves a good QB for the future. That said would I take him over the Vikings QB’s. Over a healthy Cousins – No. Over anyone of the other Vikings QB’s – Sure. Then again that’s not saying much.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.