Gas Can to Fill Auger?

• Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Ended up buying this:

Gas Can

and doing this hack from YouTube:

Really? Cut the nozzle off and tape it? Cause tape loves gas…

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

No Spill for me. Best can I’ve owned new or old.

Attachments:
    1. No-Spill-Tank.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

Really? Cut the nozzle off and tape it? Cause tape loves gas…

I have some of these cans. I have not cut anything and taped it, but after watching the video of where he tapes it, I do not think gas will be getting on the tape where it is. The tape is simply holding the slide open, but I could be wrong.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Electrical tape is so sticky the way it is I figured just the fumes would make it a mess. I may be wrong too, but I just have to think the tape wouldn’t last long.

Mike Anselmo
    Wisconsin

Only way to go! Tru Fuel is awesome stuff.

Jason Ohlde

Go the route I traveled, I just labeled an old windshield washer fluid bottle ( 1 Gal.) ” Ice auger fuel only” and use that!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I have spilled more gas over the last 3 years than the prior 40. smash

-J.

Exactly Jon! The new cans are more dangerous than ever and you have to be an octopus to operate one.

castle-rock-clown

That’s the beauty of the no spill can. You can burp any pressure build-up with the can upright, you control the flow without touching the working end of the spout to either the motor or your hand. Your not pressing against the motor causing it to flop around. For these small tanks which fill fast the control is great. Now, on the other hand if you like the smell of gas, never mind.

cole

i buy the gas and oil already mixed in cans at mills fleet farm about $5 and you can get 2 fillings per can

castle-rock-clown

When the fishing gets hot and heavy and I’m pounding holes like no tomorrow, I bring out this for refueling the auger.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1030.png

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

When the fishing gets hot and heavy and I’m pounding holes like no tomorrow, I bring out this for refueling the auger.

Maybe you need to look at getting a smaller auger?

HRG

Attachments:
    1. Home4.jpg

DHD

I’ll throw in another vote for Tru Fuel. My auger has never had anything else in it.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Went and got the No spill as recommended here, works perfect for the auger. Would hate to fill anything up that had a decent size tank to it though, quite slow.

castle-rock-clown

Unless Obama and the EPA outlawed it, I believe we are still allowed to own more than one gas cans in various capacities and different fueling spout design LOL.

Chad Leton

Depending on how much gas you use, trufuel is pretty awesome. Comes in quart cans and is already premixed.

Using premix this year 40:1 and it’s been quick and made storage that much easier. Less spills as well.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

True Fuel x100

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Another Trufuel user here.

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

I also fail to see the improvement in the new no spill cans. I spill more often and more each time now.

Ordered this Eagle 2 Quart Can and Funnel on Amazon for $30 for my auger. I rarely go thru more than half gallon a year, then I end up having to dump the rest in the lawn tractor to prevent it spoiling. It’s non-oxygenated and all, but I’ve become obsessed with keeping fresh gas in everything.

I’m hoping to spill less and have a can that’ll provide years of service in the back of the pickup.

We’ll see how it works out this year.

Attachments:
    1. 41wv4epk-7L__SX342_.jpg

2. 31iHjC3fLEL__AC_UL115_.jpg

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I also fail to see the improvement in the new no spill cans. I spill more often and more each time now.

Have you actually tried a No-Spill can, or are you just using that as a generic term for other brands?

This is what the No-Spill product looks like.

HRG

Attachments:
    1. No-Spill-Tank.jpg

benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

True Fuel for me and I will never go back. My stikemaster has never run better and I do not have to screw with a stupid gas can

(still cold blooded you have to let her warm up a little and talk dirty to her but once she is warmed up look out) hahahaha

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

Poorly worded “I also fail to see the improvement in the new no spill cans. I spill more often and more each time now.”

Should have read “I also fail to see the improvement in the new VENT LESS cans THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO PREVENT SPILLS. I spill more often and more each time now.”

I haven’t tried a “No-Spill” brand can yet, but I didn’t want a plastic can.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I had some friends use my No Spill can this weekend, their response was “Wow finally someone made a good gas can” I’m going to purchase a couple more to replace my other cans. Best can I have ever used!

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.