Garmin Panoptix PS30

• Danny Thompson
    Minnesota

I was out on the water the other day with my new Garmins hoping to find a few crappies to test out my Panoptix PS30 and boy was I impressed!! I had a 7612xsv with the GT52 transducer and an EchoMap CHIRP 93sv with the Panpotix PS30 hooked to it. If you look at the picture I snapped of my screens you can see my jig and 2 fish that came up and popped the jig not only was it awesome to watch on the Panopitx I couldn’t believe how clear it was on the DownVu and Traditional sonar. I can not tell you how fun this is going to be when rigging for walleyes this summer. Being able to turn that transmit angle back 40 degrees I will be able to watch my chub out behind the boat.

Attachments:
    1. Panoptix.jpg

Danny Thompson
    Minnesota

screen shot of those fish

Attachments:
    1. pano-leech.png

eric borkoski

It has been some pretty LONG days here at Skeeter Boat Center trying to get boats out the door before opener so I haven’t had much opportunity to get out and play with the new 7610/70DV/Striker 7dv set up.
    As many screen shots you can post or anyone else for that matter so I can live vicariously would be AWESOME!
    LOL

Hello,
    It was long time I was monitoring reviews on Panoptix forward and the main disadvantage for me was – max speed is 20 knt. As an engineer I was looking for solutions on a flexible mount. The www was empty and seems nobody sees that as a problem so I went ahead and started the construction myself. This coming Friday I will have my 1st prototype ready and it will be installed on my 37” boat sometimes next week.
    The idea is to use gas spring of know force to keep the sonar at 45 angle up to 6-8 knt speed and go up from water pressure at the speeds above 8 knt. The main goal for me using Panoptix fwd is not the fish, but to see the bottom in unknown areas to approach the cost line. The repair of underwater part of the boat that has sterndrive…probably starts from 5k USD and up, excluding rescue activity. Of cause it wont help at a speeds of 15 knt and above, but we all know how we want to find the fish closer to something, that is not on a chart… the picture of idea is attached.

Attachments:
    1. panoptix-fwd.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.