Garage Fridge

• Sharon
    SE Metro

The boys and I spent the evening last night watching a movie in the AC in my cool basement. How can people stand to be outside when the weather is like this?? It’s so hot and uncomfortable! But I suppose there are people who have a similar notion when its 10 degrees. 🤷‍♀️

Anywho, I would say that a well-stocked garage fridge is a must for these hot days! What’s in your garage fridge? 😁👍🏻🍻

Attachments:
    1. Sharons-Garage-Fridge.jpg

2. Relaxing-with-the-boys.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Nothing at this point. I have what they call a pop cooler in the garage. Basically a frig with no freezer. I use that only for when all my garden stuff starts piling up.

On the other hand devil the frig downstairs is well stocked with refreshments. waytogo

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Agree on that, Sharon. Too stinking hot! Get the dog walk done by 8am and into the beer fridge by 9am! toast

-J.

B-man

At the moment the bottom of the fridge is lined with salmon jester

It’s a neat trick to form a killer pellicle. The longer the better, but 24 hours does a nice job, 48 is incredible. I also put a fan in the fridge blowing down on it.

It’s all going in the smoker shortly

The beer is in a cooler and bottom drawers for the time being )

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200705_090113.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Shiner Boch, Alaska Amber and assorted Lienies. There may be a couple bottles of assorted wines in there too. One drawer has all the different pops we keep for company. I actually have more G2 and water in the fridge than anything. I’ll do maybe 4 jugs of G2 in addition to 13-14 or so bottles of water a day, more if I am working and sweating. I’ve always been a “wet” person and drink water like a fish. The G2 adds some of the essentials back that sweating takes away from you.

Timmy

Great lookin fridge, B-man.

My garage fridge currently holds Some Busch lattes, natty seltzer’s, iced teas, and a limit of red fins from a quick trip to the isle to beat the heat!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

That’s impressive Sharon.

Mich Golden’s are my staple, but right now I mix a mix of ‘summer beers’ too. Surly Stunner and Castle Danger Summer Crush are a couple of my current favorites.

As for the heat, the only way I can deal with it is to be on and in the water. Getting a lot of boat and swimming time lately.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

How can people stand to be outside when the weather is like this?? It’s so hot and uncomfortable!

I hate this nastiness with a passion. Hot, sticky, dry…blasting the AC all the time and watering the grass trying to keep it at least somewhat green gets old quick. My refuge is the basement too. If I need to get anything done outside I do it before noon. Not a lot of relief in the 7-10 day forecast either.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I know who some of those drinks are for….., but is the Hamm’s for your Pa? Or is BK sneaking around your neighborhood?
    I don’t have a garage fridge, yet.
    I have 2 freezers in my basement, and a 3rd in my dad’s garage.

B-man

^^^^^^ A man (or women) without a garage fridge is not to be trusted mrgreen

Sharon
    SE Metro

The Hamm’s is actually for me. It’s really quite tastey if you’ve not tried it. And it does indeed go well with Spam! mrgreen

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

At the risk of losing my man card. This is really tough for me to say, but I don’t have a garage! So, I can’t really accommodate a garage fridge. I guess I could just put a fridge out in the yard!? whistling

Side note, my FW has alot of alcohol problems in her family, past n present, and a “beer” fridge would be a deal breaker! I have very few drinks at home. She’s ok with me enjoying a few, but doesn’t want to see it, or smell it.

brentbullets

Nothing now. Came home from long weekend, left Wednesday and some how the fridge door was left open. 1 pound of leeches and half a flat crawlers, well you can just imagine what garage smelled like. Real old fridge that is getting hauled away probably tomorrow. probably won’t replace as I have 2 fridges in the house and they can hold whatever the wife I need. Wasn’t planning on buying flats of crawlers anymore and leeches I will just buy by the dozen.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

In my basement fridge:

Keystone
    Busch lite
    Pipe works Ninja vs Unicorn double ipa.
    Pipe works Lizard King mosaic ipa
    Sierra Nevada hazy little thing hazy ipa
    Insight Rowdy uncle
    Lagunitas little sumpin hazy ipa
    Big axe brewing Axe Kicker double ipa
    Pryes Course Correct citra pale ale
    Some weird sparking rose my wife drinks
    High Noon vodka coolers
    Sparkling water of various flavors

I think I have a problem…..

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

At the risk of losing my man card. This is really tough for me to say, but I don’t have a garage! So, I can’t really accommodate a garage fridge. I guess I could just put a fridge out in the yard!? whistling

Side note, my FW has alot of alcohol problems in her family, past n present, and a “beer” fridge would be a deal breaker! I have very few drinks at home. She’s ok with me enjoying a few, but doesn’t want to see it, or smell it.

No worries Perch, all in jest mrgreen

If your next house has a garage, the fridge becomes almost mandatory. Great for cooling deer, fish, veggies, mushrooms, bait, beverages etc

My wife laughs when she opens it. I’ve even tried using the bottom crisper drawers to hold bulk crawlers in dirt jester

FYI it doesn’t work, they tend to sneak out lol

buck-slayer

Love this heat. When it’s -10 you can’t go into a sunny area to get warm at least when it’s 90 you can cool off a little by going into the shade Its also nice to jump in lake to cool off though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.