4 days on Vermilion

• fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Sorry, no pictures. The boss took it with her this weekend.

Spent Saturday threw Teusday chasing smallies. Boy was the bite off. I have never seen cray fish and May flies that thick!

We did however manage to catch a ton of small fish with a few over 18 inches mixed in.

Driving up I expected to find fish holding to rock humps and off shore structure. BOY WAS I WORNG. Almost all of the fish caught were pulled from docks and downed trees in the water. Senkos were the key. Most of these fish were caught while the bait was resting on the bottom.

If you are heading up to the V good luck and remember to slow down. There is a ton of feed in the system now. These fish are going to take some work.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Almost all of the fish caught were pulled from docks and downed trees in the water.

You have to admit that’s a lot fun, pitching at the downed trees. I love doing that when I’m up ‘nort

Rootski

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I agree. It was a great long weekend. What a beautiful Lake!

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Chriss;
    Did you have much luck fishing the pencil reeds.
    That’s where we picked up some bass fishing the sunfish beds.
    We used leaches and crawlers and had a blast.

Just wondering

Clarence

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Spent most of my time fishing racks and lay downs. Didn’t have much going around the reeds. Looks like you found a dew though. What end of the lake were you on?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.