Finally after all these years…its time

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Sunday morning we’re off to Ottertail and Trev’s resort.

He has suggested a few things and I’ve read a few posts on fishing the lake.
    Crawlers seem popular and we’ll bring jigs, lures and whatever else I can fit in the back of the truck.

Just looking for any last minute suggestions for the wife and I.

We’re looking for walleyes and crappies mostly, but will fish for northerns and most anything that swims…even bass if we have too..

Any suggestions on what and where maybe??

TIA

Al

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Good raingear…..advice from Trev,and have a good time!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Good raingear…..advice from Trev,and have a good time!

Ya, raingear we got, Trevor’s already mentioned a few things and I’m sure we’ll have a good time, unfortnately lately if I was a guide, the wife would have fired me long ago…so I’m just trying to get as much info as I can.

Especially considering I’ve never been to Ottertail before.

Al

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Check out my other post Al….fish are still biting even after the crazy weather this week. Few stable weather days should really crank things up again. Hopefully the fish cooperate for ya while you’re here, and I’ll do what I can to help – even if that means jumpin in your boat…..

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Check out my other post Al….fish are still biting even after the crazy weather this week. Few stable weather days should really crank things up again. Hopefully the fish cooperate for ya while you’re here, and I’ll do what I can to help – even if that means jumpin in your boat…..

I’m sure we’ll do fine, and that money back guaruntee helps too….

Just kidding..

Just another day and we’re off, can’t wait.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Well, mother nature was a bit rough on us and we surived rain and wind to get though our vacation, Otter Tail was windy enough at times that boat control was a bit bit difficult, especially considering the sharp breaks we were fishing off.

First day was a negative and day two produced 4 walleyes, one maybe 3#’s.

Day three was zero again, but we did fin out we should have brought more rain gear along, and the last day we hit a small lake noted for crappies.

We hit one crappie there, but there are now about 12-15 northerns swining around with tube style crappie baits in them, and we hit so many bass we switched over to them.

Total score was one crappie, 15+ small northerns landed and who knows how many bit off and at least 30 small mouths from 1/2# up to 3#’s.

Wife was happy, so it wasn’t all bad.

Never made it to West Battle, as thurs predicted storms and we came home, but thinking next year we may go there.
    All in all, a decent trip.

Al

baldwin4
    NE IA

Nice to meet you Trev…..We survived thursday night after tornado warning was issued….kids were in Battle Lake when the sirens went off We made it over to West Battle and did pretty good picking up walleyes, rock bass, and some perch (alot of sorting). Made a run down to Ten Mile and had some fun smallie fishing….With the first day of fishing and burying treble hook in finger and the weather, we still had a great family vacation.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Al – you made the right decision to leave Thursday, as it was a wash most of the afternoon/evening, and got a little interesting for awhile during the tornado warning…mother nature spared us this time. A few miles to the East was a totally different story…..lots of devastation and destruction – pretty ugly to say the least…..

Nice meeting you as well Craig – glad you were able to salvage your trip with the crazy weather week we had.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Al – you made the right decision to leave Thursday, as it was a wash most of the afternoon/evening, and got a little interesting for awhile during the tornado warning…mother nature spared us this time. A few miles to the East was a totally different story…..lots of devastation and destruction – pretty ugly to say the least…..

Nice meeting you as well Craig – glad you were able to salvage your trip with the crazy weather week we had.

Ya, we even hit rain so hard we pulled over for a bit not to far down the road, been scary to be on the water then.

Hope nobody got hurt and damage wasn’t to bad?

See ya in Sept..:)

Al

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.