Crappies

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I am going up to Detroit Lakes this weekend. I will not have a boat, so I was wondering if anyone had any good shore fishing spots. The lake we stay on is called Rice Lake. It is just north of DL. Last year we caught a few nice crappies on Rice. Just looking for some good numbers of fish.

Thanks

walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

Sorry you didn’t get a faster response from someone. I had my sons college graduation this weekend so I haven’t checked the board since Thurs. The spillway/cullvert between Rice and Rock Lakes can be a good shore fishing spot. The best areas going from shore now are Sallie by the fish hatchery and the shorelines of Grahm and Wymer were the road runs between them (just out of Frazee, 10miles from DL). Hope you got into some this weekend. If you don’t get a reply in the future you can pm or call Quality Bait in DL and talk to John the “baitman”

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Sorry, didn’t make it up there so I have no report. Things didn’t work out for this weekend. The place we stay at is pretty close to that culvert, so it sounds like we would have done well. Thanks for the tips, I might have to take them into consideration next spring.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.