The Gov is comming!

• walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

The Gov and his grew, media, and locals will all be out in force for the opener in Detroit Lakes. The Gov, Lt. Gov, and major hitters will be on Big Detroit and about 60 other “host” boats will be fishing the area lakes. The Chamber has lined up about 100 very good hosts that include the likes of PWT/RCL/MWC pros Doc Sampson, Jim Bell, Perry Good, Tom Backer, Dave Randash, Mike Woodard, Lanny Marsh, LeRoy Howard, Scott Fairborn. In-Fisherman staff Mat Straw and Bart Taylor along with other Lund, Alumacraft, Crestliner pros. Local guides (self incuded) and lots of local fishing talent will also be helping out. Lets hope the weather cooperates to make this a fun and successful event. I think it will help to promote the great fisheries and beauty of this area. Lets get some opinions on the board about what is going to work for the opener!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Thanks for the heads up Brad. I will be about 25 miles from you on opener. Good Luck to you and the Govenor and the rest of the help. Any thoughts on the bite for opener on the Big Detroit other than being busy out there?

walleyeaddict

Shiners or shiners(unless you can get red tails!). If the weather warms the Big DL bite could be of some of the deep breaks on the midlake stuff. 12-18ft of wtre on DL is common bite area as it is break line outside of the cabbage and coontail weedline. If the wind is blowing those eyes like to get up on to of the flats and the midlake hups and are found on the inside edge of the weedline that tends to be about 6ft of water. The crappies have not realy even started great yet and the cool nights have kept water temps down. We need some good warm days and nights in the next week to get it going good!

walleyeaddict

Come on people! I shared my thoughts. Jump in and share an opinion about what will work in the DL area for the big Gov opener this weekend. We can help each other out and remember…. its all about the fishing!

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Hey I would use rainbows…….Well I hope you had a good opener. The river down here at Wabasha is on fire..
    So how did it go with the Gov…did he get some fish.
    Later Oh yea, Brad & Leroy good luck out in Big Stone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.