Shell Lake

• dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I have a bass tourny out on Shell Lake and wondering if there is any key areas to be keying in on besides the basic spawning areas? Thanks

walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

Shell is a very shallow lake with tons of weed fish. The lake warms early and you will probably find the Bass moving to summer patterns earlier than they do on some of the other lakes in the area. Good luck in your tourney.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Thanks, I appreciate the quick response

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Brad,

Any news on the health of Shell Lake. We have a place about 1/2 mile from the lake that we visit on a consistant basis. As you know, Shell is prone to a semi- freeze out from time to time. We have caught some nice eyes over the years in these area lakes. Any thoughts on the impact of this winter had on this lake?

walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

Sorry about the late reply. I have problems with our rural network server at times….one of the problems of living in the woods! You are correct about Shell being a risk for “freeze out” as is Wolf, Height of Land, and Rock (to name a few). Word is they are all OK even with the thick clear ice this year. I would look to Height of Land to be above average for walleyes with a strong yr class of 17-18″ fish. Shell always seems to be good early spring and late fall (for all species) and gets a little tough after weed growth peaks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.