Fall Walleye Bite?

• Anonymous

Hey guys, How is the fall walleye bite going in your area? What presentations seem to be working best? Thanks, Bill

Anonymous

Just heard from a friend of mine that fished the Perham area for 4 days.

Fish from 26-30″ coming on Little Mac (check special regs if you venture there). The fish came adjactent to 50′ of water. Not many numbers but great average size.

Big Pine is decent. Not huge numbers of fish, but a guy can take home a limit of 18-22″ if he works a bit. No big crappies which are tyically common on Big Pine this time of year.

He was using Fireball jigs and either redtails or fatheads.

Anonymous

Lakes are in a funk with snow and cold temps. We have dropped 10 degrees in water temps in the last week. As daveb said, both the Pines are turning fish. Ottretail is feast or famine. Walleyes are hard to come by on Big Detroit right now. We have had turnover and some lakes are patterning differently. I have been on Cormmorant the last 2 nights and have caught nice fish in the 17-20″ range, but not great for numbers. It has been a jig bite witth fatheads, rainbows, or small redtails. This time of year it seems we get fish deep and/or on weed edges with jigs and/or rigs. If rigging I like to use big redtails. Fish are deep now on Cormmorant, Melissa, Sallie and Cotton and shallow (11-16 ft) on Big Toad, Rock, Height of Land, and Shell. Late night crank time is upon us and I will share as I get a chance to cover water with the cranks. I am glad I fish and am not a hunter. I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.