Big Cormorant Tourney

• Anonymous

I do believe there was a tourney held on Big Cormorant in the past couple of days. I am looking for info on how it turned out. Anyone have any numbers? Or even better. presentations that worked?
    Thanks all!!
    Brian

Anonymous

Hi Rocketman….I haven’t forgtten you. Just busier than a cat covering it up. My wife and I fished the Cormorant tourney and finished 10th with 6 walleyes for 8.6 lbs. There were 98 boats. Tough conditions with the heat and the 25-30 mph winds. Bjiorkman’s won with 6 fish for 17lbs. They
    got fish rigging buckhorn bar with crawlers in the weeds. 47 zeros on day 2! I believe 1 team had a full limit both days and finished 3rd with 14lbs. For more info you could contact Dave Jenson(F-M) as he was tourney director. I believe the F-M walleye club mag will publish full results. Deep fish
    came on midlake in 28-40 ft (thats were we got ours) and the bigger fish came in shallow windswept weeds in 8-15″ Most on crawlers and some on jigs/rigs with minnows. Redtails were the best minnows to use. PWT pro Dave Randash did pull a couple keepers on leadline/cranks in 28-34ft. White Earth tourney is this weekend.

Anonymous

Thanks for the report. Congrats to you and Mary on the tournament placement. Are you still planning on making it down for the MWC after the other Tournament?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.