Fishing these lakes

• Anonymous

Hello all.
    I am new to this area and would love to share my boat with anyone willing to share their “hotspots”. I have been on Big Pine, but would like to venture out on some of the other good lakes.
    Any takers?
    Send me a private and we’ll hook up.
    Brian

Anonymous

I dont make it up to Perham much anymore, but I used to. Here are a few good lakes nearby-Big Pine(as you mentioned), Little Pine, Otter Tail (fishing a tourney there next weekend and again in Sept), Rose, Rush, Little MacDonald. The lakes up there are really strange. They all hold good numbers of fish, but are often EXTREMELY hot for a few weeks and then are quiet again. I have fished in small tournaments on Big Pine where the weekend before was great fishing and then 7-10 fish were weighed out of 50 boats.

My college buddy grew up out there and did a little guiding. He is still “tapped” in to guys that fish the lakes often and let us know where to try. It is too bad that more people havent gotten turned onto FTL in that area. Great lakes and great fishing. I would be awesome to see the type of sharing of info that there is for the Miss and Mille Lacs.

minneman

brian, did I just talk to you at the access on Big C tonight? you had the green lund/honda, if so, Id be glad to show ya a few on big C. Ted

Anonymous

Actually it was blue, but yes it was me and sorry I did not get back to you sooner.
    Now there is ice out there.
    Will you be doing any ice outings? Seems to me you said you would.
    BTW I may be looking for a house to put out on Big C. Know of one?
    Let me know.
    I should be checking this board more often. But since I moved up here closer to the lakes it seems I have less time to devote to the sport. I hope things settle down soon.

minneman

yes ill be out as soon as there is good ice. i saw there was someone out there yesterday out from the landing, foolish! as far as an ice house, i have a fold up type 4x8x7 that needs a new tarp, make me an offer. 849-7545.. my preferance would be a portable, they seem to bite in the twylite hours somewhat consistantly, but during the day you need to go looking…Ted

Anonymous

Yes, I am interested in the ice house.
    Let’s talk on the phone and see if we can make a deal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.