Big Pine, Perham

• Anonymous

3 of us are heading to Big Pine this memorial weekend. Wondering if the eyes have moved in yet and what is working for presentations, ie, bait, colors. etc?

Thanks

Brian

Anonymous

My buddy told me to fish by where the Otter Tail river goes out, by the big resort campground. There is a big 8′ flat and fish right off the current breaks. He uses jigs or lindys and shiners-but says that shad raps can be good. Otherwise, looks for other current breaks on shoreline points. My friend Steve might be out there-look for a new 19′ Green Lund Pro V w/ 115hp Yahama.

Anonymous

Thanks for the info.

We will be looking for him.

We will be 3 in a blue Lund Prosport w/ a 90 Honda.

Anonymous

Rocketman,

Big Pine has some very nice crappies in it as you may know. They should be biting this weekend up there. A friend of mine was up there last weekend exclusively for the crappies and they got a few but there were just not ready to go yet, although with a little warmer water. This weekend should be prime, so if the walleyes are giving you trouble or your arms are too sore from pulling in too many walleyes in, give the crappies a try. They had 2 of the crappies over 15 inches last weekend! WOW…

Good luck and give us the report when you get back.

Anonymous

We have AWESOME crappie fishing in the fall on Big Pine. When the lake turns over and the eyes go deep, jigging in 20-30′ of water on the bottom gets walleyes and jigging 2′ off the bottom gets HUGE crappies. Numbers of 12″+ crappies. Big Pine is a very underrated lake IMO.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.