Early Ice Walleyes

• Rusty21

I am heading up to the Baudette area this Sunday night to hopefully get in on the early ice walleye action.

I have been seeing some awesome reports from last week and the week before. Anyone know if the early ice walleye bite is still hot??

Also, what has the hot lure been?

Thanks

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I’d like to tag along on this post also and ask how much ice their is currently?

justfishmn
    Pine City, Minnesota

Went out of wigwam this past weekend got back yesterday and there was 12 inches of ice with about a foot of snow on top. No slush at all where we were at and the bite was hot. Orange chubby darter worked best for me. Was out four days and at least two of them I caught over 100 fish myself.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Sportsman reported 11-12 inches in their fishing report on dec 5th. With the cold this week i would bet there will be plenty. Ballards normally updates their reports on Wed sometime so I would check later today or tomorrow.

I always done well with the standard gold and glow reds for jigs and buckshots. Have fun let us know how it goes.

Rusty21

Did you tip the front and back trebles with a minnow head by chance?

justfishmn
    Pine City, Minnesota

Just the back

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

I just got back yesterday. Fished Monday and Tuesday out of Morris Point right in front of their resort in 25 ft. Both days were good, maybe 75 fish for two guys. We ran a bobber rod and live shiner on one pole and jigged Northland Macho Minnows and Buckshot rattle spoons on the other. I really do think any bait would have worked. Caught my biggest eye ever thur the ice at 26″ and first ever Lake Sturgeon. Had another Sturgeon on that was too big to even attempt to land. 4-wheelers and UTV’s for travel, no trucks yet. It was colder than a nun the whole time, machines wouldnt start, extension cords were a struggle, heaters wouldnt light, anything plastic shattered, auger gas lines either froze or busted, but we still had a great time.

fireline
    Rochester

So did anything go wrong .LOL

jerad

Quote:

So did anything go wrong .LOL

Everything that could go wrong did, except the fish bit. I had a great trip!!

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Those two pics looks like it made the trip all worth it!

jerad

Quote:

Those two pics looks like it made the trip all worth it!

Absolutely!!! Wish I was going back soon

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.