Lake of the woods, July30-Aug1st

• ccook
    Hastings Mn

Went back up this past weekend and fished out of Arnesens resort again. Got out sat about noon and fished around the reefs and ended the day with 36 eyes. Had 3 between 28-29in and 2 between 27-28 and limited out for 4 guys. Sun was a strange day, we got 50 but only 1 big fish at 27 1/2.We caught alot between 14 and 24 in. did alot of runnin around out there and found an area that seemed to hold better fish that was a little deeper than the surrounding area by about 2-3 ft. Started there on monday morning and the big fish were very active. We ended the morning with a 31.5,29.5,5 between 28-29 and 4 between 27-28! Awsome day, all fish were released except this gentelmans personal best.Same set up as before. 3 colors of leadcore,35ft lead and deep little rippers at 1.8 to 2. If ya have the chance get up there and give it a shot. You won’t regret it.Best of luck.

Cdemeyes
    (corey)

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Sounds like another great trip! With all of those big fish, are you sure you weren’t fishing on Lake Erie?

dave_n
    Champlin, MN

I’m heading up tomorrow for a week in the NW Angle. I’ve never tried lead core, but we pull Raps a lot. I will try the lead core. Any other tips? Those are awesome fish.

Dave

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Corey,

Thanks for the reports. Great job! My wife and i will be trying to put the hammer to them this weekend, it should be a blast.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Now that is a GREAT report.

Makes me want to go there now.
    -Mark

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

-Mark

Ditto!!

-J.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

That gave me tears of Envy! Great Job… Again

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Quote:

-Mark

Ditto!!

-J.

If it makes you feel any better, I’m heading up Wednesday early morning.

mojogunter

Just got back from LOTW. Fished out of Arnesen’s the 4th-7th. Had a fish fry three nights, and all nine guys went home with a limit. Caught fish on Jigs, live bait, and cranks. Cranks were best for me with leadcore. Purple flicker shad was my go to bait. I also ran a purple #14 tail dancer, and did well with that catching big fish the last of which I attempted to handland a really nice fish, and was able to get a treble stuck deep into my thumb.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.