Computer help needed

• wkw

I inadvertantly replied to an e-mail and now I cannot log in to hotmail. (“incorrect password” keeps popping up).
    I have tried to correct the problem myself with no luck. I can’t even successfully change my password to retrieve my account. I’m afraid someone has “hacked” me and I can’t seem to fix it.
    Any help appreciated. P>M> or call me 507-398-3923
    Thanks

jwhite58502

HOTMAIL has a tech dept but tehy will charge you for the technical service even though the email is free, many beleive the blocked access and or “problems” come from some who wish to exploit that fact of the fees. Other than that I know of no other way than contacting them and paying. Maybe you can negotiate a smaller or even a free one time charge if has not happened before?

igotone

delete all your history

reboot computer

then try it, if still not working, try it at a later time

could B just the server

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I can’t help you with hotmail, as it’s been years since I’ve logged into my account there. I would strongly suggest you move to gmail. The best internet email platform out there.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Make sure caps lock is not on. If you are not using Internet Explorer try using it. Microsoft’s email tends to work better with IE.

igotone

Quote:

I can’t help you with hotmail, as it’s been years since I’ve logged into my account there. I would strongly suggest you move to gmail. The best internet email platform out there.

Agree

Bassn Dan

I’ve also had hotmail not let me log in from time to time. Like was said earlier, it could be a server problem between you and the hotmail servers, and it wouldn’t hurt to dump your temp files and reboot. It also would be a good idea to run a virus scan to make sure there aren’t any problems on your machine.

If it won’t let log in after another day or so, you’ll probably have to call for support.

Good luck.

Dan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.