Midwest Outdoors mag

• andys
    kasson

Just picked up the Nov issue NOT HAPPY.Page 60 in the ice breakers there is an article called First Ice Pike On Tip-Ups!I read part of it and realized that I,ve read this before recently.I then looked through the 08 ice breakers issue and there it was.Same title Same author and word for word exact!Im glad I never subscribed and I will never buy another issue of this CRAP again(sorry had to vent)

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Just picked up the Nov issue NOT HAPPY.Page 60 in the ice breakers there is an article called First Ice Pike On Tip-Ups!I read part of it and realized that I,ve read this before recently.I then looked through the 08 ice breakers issue and there it was.Same title Same author and word for word exact!Im glad I never subscribed and I will never buy another issue of this CRAP again(sorry had to vent)

Take a deep breath…………. all the magazines recycle the information. After all just how many ways are there to fish a jig or spoon? Only thing original are the classifieds and cuffs and collars in the Outdoor News.

Every so often somebody will actually invent a new technique or lure, but it’s not all that often.

If you crave fresh information scour the fishing reports here on In-Depth, at least it’s different.

andys
    kasson

I’m on here reading almost everyday and the info is great!

fil
    Alberta, Canada

yah, magazines do it all the time, I even do it myself with my editorial, sometimes there is some great material that needs to be showcased again. Its annoying seeing stuff from 1999 published in 2010 though… but it is what it is.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I’m sorry but I almost p’d my pants after reading your rant! Hopefully you have had time to calm down. Just remember, somebody else out there had a much worse experience than you did today. Feel fortunate that yours only involved one article in a fishing magazine…

jerry b
    western WI

I can’t help but feel that was part of Walleye Insider’s downfall. Between repeat subjects an over abundance of advertiser inserts and fewer pages, it got pretty ho-hum towards the last. There were other issues, but I think those were the major contributers. jerr

LenH
    Wisconsin

I try out most of my articles on here or other places before I send them to Midwest outdoors. You will never find a double print of my stories in Midwest Outdoors.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.