GATOR GAR

• bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

HAS ANYONE EVER HOOKED INTO ONE OF THESE MONSTERS??? i’M NOT TRYING TO BE A SMART A** THESE FISH ARE FOR REAL i’VE SEEN THEM AT THE MALL OF AMERICA IN THE NATIVE FISH DISPLAY NOT QUITE AS BIG AS THE ATTACHED PHOTO. <a href=”LINKhttp://www.garfishing.com/” .garfishing.com/</a> THE ONE PHOTOED WAS A RECORD FISH @ 290 LBS THE LARGEST CAME IN AT A WHAPPING 310LBS

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I fished them in Texas. They almost look like a pike. The biggest was about 4 feet.

They are extremely difficult to hook. They have a mean streak, where they will beat up their food (or you bait) with their jaws, then swallow. If they have the bait in their mouth, it is almost impossible to hook. You basically have to wait for them to ingest your bait.

When I say they are mean, I mean they are MEAN! I was fishing some back water, and there was about a 2′ gar caught in some shallow water. He couldn’t really go anywhere, so I poked my fishing pole at his back. He turned around and was ready to kill whatever touched him.

They are creapy looking critters………

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.