Vikings were the better team!

• jerry_ruffolo
    Manitowoc, WI

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!! There’s nothing better than listening to you ViQueens fans whine about which team is better and talk about what a great season it was……spoken like true losers!!! Until the ViQueens win one they are what we thought they were…..LOSERS!!! Maybe the Queens should call the Jets and ask them to play a game of the so-called best teams….we can call it the Losers Bowl…or better yet, the Bloomington Bud Grant Bowl!!!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

The Vikes were the better team???

No, they had a chance to be the better team and didn’t do it, great game, to many mistakes by the queens and the Saints took advantage of it.

Nice to see the queens were consistent though..:(

Al…who hope milf will the dome in california

hnd

people from mn still thinking the vikings were the better team? no. way.

saints have the better record and the better team.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Quote:

Allen? Did you take your meds this morning?

dd

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

We made it with your washed up old QB that showed heart and guts all season.

Thats funny right there, in case you don’t remember we were in that situation 2 seasons ago with the same result.

And for all that say you made it this year because of Favre? Last year you made the playoffs with T Jack. this year you you got to play ONE MORE GAME, this season you got to PLAY ONE MORE GAME comparied to the packers. The vik’s played 17 games last year and played 18 this year.

All with the same result NO SUPERBOWL FOR YOU

rmartin
    United States

It’s all Hutchinson’s fault, he blew the coin toss. They need to get someone who can call coin flips better.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Quote:

How does it feel to have been FAVVVVVVVRE’D?

It feels great because without Favre we wouldn’t have even gotten to that game. I would much prefer losing in the NFC championship game over going 8 and 8 and not making the playoffs with Jackson. Plus, we beat the Packers twice. Sounds like an awesome season to me.

My thoughts exact. To all you stupid, jealous hater….It was not Farves fault that we lost. Too many turnovers in general.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Justify your teams short coming however you need to! When the Packers lost to the Vikings (twice) the Vikings were the better team! I don’t find it hard to say that. As I read on another post here this is not 4th grade basketball! Everyone is not a winner in the end. You lost to a team that did not turn the ball over or have the gunslinger throwing interceptions. The Saints were the better team on this given day. Do not reply with you stats to try to prove your point. The Vikings were a better team than the Packers this year but they were not the best on the given day. Why is that so hard to admit?

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Allen? Did you take your meds this morning?

dd

Naw, just multitasking…should have been, I bet milf will LOVE his new dome in california…

Al

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

To all you stupid, jealous hater….It was not Farves fault that we lost. Too many turnovers in general.

TRUE!!! However One Cost you more than the others. Well two, but that last one was the nail in the coffin.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Favre moved the ball like a champ His team let him down. He didn’t let the Vikes down. Anyone that doesn’t think Favre played great couldn’t have watched the game.

As for the last interception, he shouldn’t have been put in that situation. The Vikes should have been up 21 and cruising to the Bowl. They lost because of the team not because of Favre. This was truly his best season ever. I think I speak for most Vikes fan when I say, thanks for a great season Favre! The Saints were flat out over powered last night, but slippery fingers gets you a plane ride home .

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

If the vikes didn’t turn over the ball they would have won. But with that said there were some poor called plays that made a difference in the out come. Not a big Football fan but understand the rules and how poor the officals called the game.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I can’t say the Vikes were the better team. The only time you can say a team the lost was better is when the refs completely screw things up. However if you take back one of those turnovers, and you could pick just about any one, and the Vikes probably go to the bowl. Losing by turning the ball over does not excuse you to be the better team.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Well, sort of. I’m nursing a headache. Wonder if #4 is???

Thanks Brett for a great season full of great memories!!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

The Vikings were a better team than the Packers this year but they were not the best on the given day. Why is that so hard to admit?

I can admit that, not all of us Viking fans think that the better team lost last night, I agree with you we got beat fair and square. The Vikings have nothing to be ashamed of they gave us fans the best season we have ever had IMO, I can not remember a season that I have enjoyed more than this year. You can say what you want about Brett he is one of the best QB to play the game and I have always enjoyed watching him play no matter what team he played for. (I do have to admit I like watching him more as a Viking )
    Brett is a great leader and got our team fired up, our young players learned allot from him, I hope he does come back and gives us another great year next year. When Brett finally does retire I would love to see him go into coaching, now wouldn’t that be a hoot to see him as the Vikings coach! As for the Saints I can not think of a better team to go to the Bowl after what there City has been through in the last few years and being there first Super Bowl I hope they can pull it off. Again congrats to the Saints they played one hell of a game!

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

Favre moved the ball like a champ His team let him down. He didn’t let the Vikes down. Anyone that doesn’t think Favre played great couldn’t have watched the game.

I did watched the game and LOVED IT

Favre 28/46 for 310yds 1td 2int 1 fumble QB rating 70.0

3 of the 5 turnovers were on him

Ya great game

taz
    Frederic wi

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It feels great because without Favre we wouldn’t have even gotten to that game. I would much prefer losing in the NFC championship game over going 8 and 8 and not making the playoffs with Jackson. Plus, we beat the Packers twice. Sounds like an awesome season to me.

My thoughts exact. To all you stupid, jealous hater….It was not Farves fault that we lost. Too many turnovers in general.

How can u say its not faves fault he threw the pick at the end of the game to blow a chance at the game winning field goal

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

If the Vikings were the better team they would of been playing in Minnesota and the Vikings would of won- they were not the better team

Cmon Bigpike. USe your head! Any football fan knows you’re not even close to right.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Favre on the ground,Favre on the ground,lookin like a victory with Favre on the ground.Helmet turned sideways,turf in his mouth,looking like a victory with Favre on the ground

Thanks for that. Guy showed more guts than anyone else on the planet

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Quote:

The best team won.

amen!!!! We all knew the vikings would choke. They always do….

Now the queens can watch the superbowl the same place as my bears…… AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did?? How much did you win in Vegas?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!! There’s nothing better than listening to you ViQueens fans whine about which team is better and talk about what a great season it was……spoken like true losers!!! Until the ViQueens win one they are what we thought they were…..LOSERS!!! Maybe the Queens should call the Jets and ask them to play a game of the so-called best teams….we can call it the Losers Bowl…or better yet, the Bloomington Bud Grant Bowl!!!

Did you watch the game Jerry? I hope you were out fishing.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

The Vikes were the better team???

No, they had a chance to be the better team and didn’t do it, great game, to many mistakes by the queens and the Saints took advantage of it.

Nice to see the queens were consistent though..:(

Some good points Allen.. We did have the chance to be the winning team.. There were so many plays that could be questioned not including any of the turnovers.. I think you’re right,, we had the chance to be the winning team but couldn’t close the deal.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

It’s all Hutchinson’s fault, he blew the coin toss. They need to get someone who can call coin flips better.

Yep,, does anyone know the percentage of the winning coin toss team winning the game?? I bet it’s close to 80%.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Justify your teams short coming however you need to! When the Packers lost to the Vikings (twice) the Vikings were the better team! I don’t find it hard to say that. As I read on another post here this is not 4th grade basketball! Everyone is not a winner in the end. You lost to a team that did not turn the ball over or have the gunslinger throwing interceptions. The Saints were the better team on this given day. Do not reply with you stats to try to prove your point. The Vikings were a better team than the Packers this year but they were not the best on the given day. Why is that so hard to admit?

Some good points.. I see what you’re saying with the Vikes maybe weren’t the better team because of the turnovers and the final score.. But I think what guys are saying is that we “outplayed” the Saints. Turnovers happen, but in most cases not that many and clearly that’s what lost us the game. But the stats do show that we outplayed the saints.. I don’t think you can argue that.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

I thought it would be tough to win a Super Bowl with a back-up QB from the Packers.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Skol Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is Brett thinking not running to the sidelines with that little time left on the clock???
    Now question is, will he come back next year-he still is tough as nails.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Here’s my take on the game.. Take away all the mistakes and questionable calls.. I would take Favre on my team every day of the week.. Last night he showed that he is a true warrior. Even above all else, I think our biggest mistake was the playcall at the end of regulation. Sure Favre could have ran it,, or threw it away. My thought is why even put yourself in the position to let something bad happen.. He could have got sacked,, or the pick that happend. And this isn’t even one of those plays where it’s easy to question AFTER it happend.. To me the only choice at that time in the game is just to give yourself a chance. That’s all.. And more than anything else that will eat at me for a long time.. We didn’t give ourselves a chance to win.

As for Favre coming back,, I hope he does. But I don’t think he will.. The past years when he’s been contemplating retirement a big part of his decision was what his family had to say. After last night I would doubt they will be pushing him to go after it again. He took too much of a beating not only physically and mentally. And for me, he can waltz in the day before the first game for all I care.. He’s a better option than what we have in the wings and I think we would be stupid not to welcome him back!

GReat season Vikings- We will be back to cheer you on again next year!!

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Looked more like we lost the game than they won the game.Hats off to Favre for staying in the game where guys half his age would have stayed on the side lines.The Colts will be doing to the Saints what Katrina did to New Orleans.The good news is we might not have to build them a new stadium now.I have my doubts that Favre will return but he made for a very exciting season this year.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How can u say its not faves fault he threw the pick at the end of the game to blow a chance at the game winning field goal

Are you blind and deaf?

1.) Chances are very real we would never had been in the playoffs or last nights game w/o Farve. Ok? Can you get that part?

2.) Farves last int. seems key doesn’t it??? Maybe to someone with blinders on. There is no way it should have came down to the last play like that.

3.) 12 men on the field put us in the bad spot as well as AP and his fumbles.

I hope Favre comes back again. He rocks.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

If the Vikes had taken care of the ball earlier, we would not have been in that position. We’d be more worried about Favre hurting himself taking a knee. The Favre/Peterson fumble at the end of the half where we could have scored and Harvin’s fumble. Sure, the first was after Bush turned it over, but that would have given us a lead at half. Then Harvin’s fumble led to NO going up 28-21. That’s football.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.