Vikings were the better team!

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

What I can’t deal with is hearing how good the Vikes were…….

If you can not deal with it then why do you read these posts?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Quote:

What I can’t deal with is hearing how good the Vikes were…….

If you can not deal with it then why do you read these posts?

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

I’m not talking about only on this site Steve. It seems that every year , according to the Vikes fans, they are going to the super bowl! And this year was an excessive year for that talk! Yeah you guys won your superbowl this year….you beat the Pack twice. Here’s to your superbowl run next year…..I hope Brett comes back another year!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

And reguarding my opinion on the Vikes being the luckiest team. If you didn’t see it was IMHO and that is I never saw Minnesota play consistant all season…..I saw oh a….basically hail mary….to win a game…..oh their kicker missed it we win……oh Jared Allen is going up against a rookie and tearing him up…but wait in the 2 meetings A Rod throws for almost 700 yards…….what do you suppose would’ve happened had he had time? Yes injuries happen all teams deal with them………but I think the Vikes got “lucky” that we had to field a rookie……I honestly think one if not both games have a different out come ………and yes we will never know……you guys won and that’s fine I can deal with that. What I can’t deal with is hearing how good the Vikes were…….what good team did they put away handily? and they struggled against some bad teams. Not the signs of a good team……a team that the football bounced left when it needed to bounce left. What would’ve happened if the ball bounces right for you a couple times……you finish 10-6 maybe! And go on the road the whole playoffs….and we all know how the Vikes played on the road this year. I’m just saying that they didn’t impress me like a possible superbowl contender should. I just think they were fortunate to be in the position they were in…..and that there sir is IMHO

I love the smell of freshly typed speculation so early in the morning.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

I’m not talking about only on this site Steve. It seems that every year , according to the Vikes fans, they are going to the super bowl! And this year was an excessive year for that talk! Yeah you guys won your superbowl this year….you beat the Pack twice. Here’s to your superbowl run next year…..I hope Brett comes back another year!

Substitute Packers for Vikings, and Rogers for Brett and you have every Packer thread we heard this year. Heck, we all want our team to do well and have unrealistic goals for them at the beginning of the year. If I wanted to watch a loser every year I would become a Bengals, Lions or Raiders fan

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Farmboy I will agree with you, and say that to me…..you are one of the more sensible Vikes fans on here. You usually point out some very valid points on these threads. The fans I don’t care for are the ones who will stand up on a soapbox and tell everyone how good they are versus, letting your peers tell you. I heard there were Vikes fans burning their jersey’s the day after their loss! I have a friend that is a big time Vikes fan. We razz each other during the season but we can also have an intelligent conversation on the Vikes and Packer’s chances that year. And no matter how good the Vikes were or weren’t he wears his purple pride and never misses a game. As well as since I can remember……sometime in the 70’s when I became a Packer fan…..I have missed watching maybe a half dozen games. I remember watching Chester Marcol kick a fieldgoal to himself and run it in for a touchdown. And my lucky number has always been 12 after Lynn Dickey.

Basically I hate the fans that spew arrogance out of both side of their mouth when their team is winning but are on our side of the fence throwing rocks when they are losing. I have always rooted for the NFC in the superbowl….yes even the Bears…..but I would not root for the Vikes…….I am happy with them being the bridesmaid!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Muskyman, you do know that fan is short for fanatic, right?

bigpike

In the words of Bob Uecker- “sports fans- I LOVE you”

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Again, not sure why you read it if it bothers you so much. While I do get a kick out of your never ending and unquestionable hatred for the Vikes and us fans. I do wonder why you even bother replying to Viking posts.

Isn’t part of being a fan(no matter how long for), having the eternal hope of a championship each and every season? Rooting for your team even if they don’t win it. Ribbing the rival teams and overall just enjoying the sport?

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Sensible? Must be talking about someone else!

Going to college in MN, living with 2 kids from MN (1 a Bears fan), and 5 Packers fans made the discussions fanastic. And I do remember my roommate burning a Warren Moon jersey in the middle of a game, so I have seen the good and bad of fandom.

In the end, I would be disappointed with GB fans if they were not crazy, I mean if I lived in a horrible state like that with the only thing to do on a Sunday watching a football game, I would be crazy too

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Muskyman-
    Not really debating what you are saying but…. It’s Okay to get mad at your team once in a while. Throwing rocks is borderline. It doesn’t mean we won’t love them tomorrow. I just think sometimes when a Viking fan questions what happened during a game,, others think we’re jumping off the wagon and we’re not real fans. Burning jerseys is a whole different thing though.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Same reason all you Vikings fans jump on Packer posts If you noticed I gave my opinion on the subject line……”Vikings were the better team!” It would be no different if you saw a subject line of “Aaron Rodgers greatest QB this year”. As a football fan aren’t you going to give your opinion, and dispute it?? Kooty don’t worry about offending me either….I have very thick skin and I’d even probably have a beer and talk baseball with you down at Evert’s this spring. I am a Brewer’s fan but I also root for the Twinkies in the Al. So to anyone I offended with my opinion sorry….we’ll see you on the water

big_g
    Isle, MN

Vikings were the better team…

big G

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Walleye I agree….heck I even get mad at the Packer’s once in awhile. I was ticked when they gave Favre the boot after the 13-3 season. But after looking at the big picture and having to make a decision with A Rod ……Do you trade in 1 year for a career? There was no guarantee the Pack was going to go to the SB the following year. So yes even though I was mad at first, I realize it was what they had to do. I guess I as a Packer’s fan view the bandwagon jumpers like this. The whole tv blackout thing has me confused?? They go from corporate sellouts to adding season tickets and selling them when Favre came to town. Where were all those “Viking fans” before? I think that subject right there is the single most reason a Packer fan will call out a Viking fan about being a bandwagon jumper.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Quote:

big G

Oh my leave it to you G

kooty
    Keymaster

I’ll drink beer with anyone!!

taz
    Frederic wi

Quote:

I’ll drink beer with anyone!!

Just as long as there buying right

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

big G

Oh my leave it to you G

I knew you’d like that musky I will drink beer with anyone too

big G

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Kooty, Talk about eternal hope, I’m a Cubs fan!!

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m a closet cubs fan. Growing up it was either the cubs or braves if you wanted to watch pro ball on TV. In typical MN fashion, I hung my hat with the losing team.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I still got faith. Any team can have a bad century!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

HI. My name is Mplspug and I am a Seahawks fan.

There, now you can all find common ground and beat up on me.

taz
    Frederic wi

Quote:

HI. My name is Mplspug and I am a Seahawks fan.

But the Seahawks were in the super bowl 2006
    The vikes haven’t been there since 1977

wooly bugger
    SE Minnesota

Seems to me the Vikes have been jinxed since they moved indoors. There may be something to that.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

But the Seahawks were in the super bowl 2006
    The vikes haven’t been there since 1977

How many times were the Seadawgs there before that? I knew they had to win that one. That was it, their only chance.

Final Favre Pick Break Down
    Am I crazy or could he just have dumped it off to Barrian in the flat? You the CB could have broke on it? Couldn’t Favre just slung it in there? The CB seems to break into deep coverage, I guess probably because Favre looked BB off at that point. Oh why am I going over this like person who keeps picking a scab.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

It’s over man… Time to pick up the pieces and move on.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

The Seahawks got the short end of the stick when they went to the Superbowl. Thanks to the lousy officiating.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Turn out the lights the partys over THE BEST TEAM WON

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

It’s over man… Time to pick up the pieces and move on.

It’s called passion for your team! The more you love them, the more it hurts and the longer it takes to heal.. You guys know what that feels like.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Here’s to your superbowl run next year…..I hope Brett comes back another year!

Well at least that is one thing we can agree on.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.