Vikings were the better team!

• AllenW
    Mpls, MN

If the defense had held the Saints to less points than the queens scored and if the queens offense scored more points than the Saints did, we would have won, I find it funny people can blame one person for any of this not happening.

I could understand comments about players not helping the cause, but it is a team effort and I blame the vikings for losing, that includes the coaching staff and Wally the beer guy too…

Al…ok ok…Wallys not to blame…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Wally retired. Oh, did I just open up the door wide open for F Packer fans and their clever and original jabs?

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Quote:

Quote:

It’s all Hutchinson’s fault, he blew the coin toss. They need to get someone who can call coin flips better.

Yep,, does anyone know the percentage of the winning coin toss team winning the game?? I bet it’s close to 80%.

This is exactly the reason the NFL need to give each team a chance to score…same as high school playoff

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It’s all Hutchinson’s fault, he blew the coin toss. They need to get someone who can call coin flips better.

Yep,, does anyone know the percentage of the winning coin toss team winning the game?? I bet it’s close to 80%.

This is exactly the reason the NFL need to give each team a chance to score…same as high school playoff

If the roles were reversed would you think the same way ???

I doubt it

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

3.) 12 men on the field put us in the bad spot as well as AP and his fumbles.

AP had 2 fumbles but got them both back (no turnover), Favre got credit for the hand off one that they lost and 12 men in the huddle is the QB’s fault.

Nice try though

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I doubt it

You can honestly say that you would rather have it the way it is compared to highschool or college??? Give me a break.

you’re signature says it all.

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I doubt it

YES!! Why leave the outcome of a multimillon dollar game to the flip of coin…give each team a chance…let them battle it to the end…who ever scores the most points on their drive wins, Not who ever scores first!

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

I do agree that both teams should get a chance in overtime

But would this question have come up if the roles were reversed, Thats all I’m asking.

This is a fun day in Packerland

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

No need for that, this is just some fun banter

Sour kool aid this morning ???

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Quote:

No need for that, this is just some fun banter

Sour kool aid this morning ???

Yeah,, sour for sure. sorry

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

This is a fun day in Packerland

Why did the Packers win something?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have resolved to put this season behind me and tending my wounds, as a Viking fan…again I am hoping Brett gives us one more year. I think it would be good for Tavaris….and me 2009 is in the books and it was fun while it lasted. See you in the retirement threads

big G

jerry_ruffolo
    Manitowoc, WI

Quote:

Quote:

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!! There’s nothing better than listening to you ViQueens fans whine about which team is better and talk about what a great season it was……spoken like true losers!!! Until the ViQueens win one they are what we thought they were…..LOSERS!!! Maybe the Queens should call the Jets and ask them to play a game of the so-called best teams….we can call it the Losers Bowl…or better yet, the Bloomington Bud Grant Bowl!!!

Did you watch the game Jerry? I hope you were out fishing.

I watched every glorious minute of it…..there isn’t a fishing trip in this world I would go on to miss a good ViQueen beatdown!!!!

bigpike

Quote:

Quote:

If the Vikings were the better team they would of been playing in Minnesota and the Vikings would of won- they were not the better team

Cmon Bigpike. USe your head! Any football fan knows you’re not even close to right.

So lets break this into pieces to simplify things: The Saints had home field advantage in the game because they had the best record in the NFC. The Vikings had to hope for luck and got it after almost choking away the #2 seed at the end of the regular season. So the Saints had a better regular season than everyone in the NFC including the Vikings.
    Next: The Vikings playmakers and even more importantly ther QB fumbled and stumbled and intercepted the game away while the Saints did not. That means that the Saints playmakers played better yesterday, even after all that you still could of won the game but your QB made a poor poor choice by throwing the ball up for grabs to lose the game for you. That means N.O. played better than your team. Understand?
    Hope you can take off your purple shades long enough to see the light

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

At least they don’t decide games like they do in the NHL. If they did, they have the kickers alternate hitting 50 yard field goals until one made more than the other after a round.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

To all of the haters, I called this before. I knew that unless we won the bowl you all would say I told you so. The odds are in your favor of our team failing. So you sit back and wait and finally we’re done and then you say I told you so, same old Brett. What a crock of [censored] you guys are. We got to the point we did because of Brett and the reason we did not move on to the bowl was not Brett’s fault. But thats all you 1st round losers have to say. Your just jealous. Why else would you keep ragging him?
    Had Travaris been our QB I’d be the first guy to throw him under the bus, but that would have been all season long. A good QB was what we had been missing for a long time. We got one and did real well. The team struggled in N.O. and we lost. After all the turnovers, we struck back everytime and in the end only lost by three. Pretty impressive. What a cool season. I attended every home game and they were electric.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

I watched every glorious minute of it…..there isn’t a fishing trip in this world I would go on to miss a good ViQueen beatdown!!!!

So tell me about your fishing trip when the Queens played the Pack twice this year, I would love to hear all about it. Catch any?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Understand?

Hope you can take off your purple shades long enough to see the light

We don’t need you spitting out the obvious. We outplayed NO and most all average football minds will agree with me. Turn on a radio or a tv and even the talking heads will agree.

bigpike

Yup, that’s why you are crying in your beer today. You played better

hnd

i have 2 ideas to fix overtime.

#1. no more field goals. you have to put up a td to win. same rules as it is now but no field goals.

#2. another option would be to just give the other team a possession. you kick the ball off and see what happens.

or #3, just go with college’s OT rule. i’d like to see the statistics in terms of much time college OT’s take compared to a typical nfl ot period.

the nfl says they want games overwith from an injury standpoint and a time standpoint. i’m not sure i buy it or i’m certain i’m willing to risk it to get an outcome that doesn’t seem to cheat one team out of a chance at victory.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

#2 obviously. But it seems silly to be figuring that debated today, since the Vikings should have never let it get to that point.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I doubt it

YES!! Why leave the outcome of a multimillon dollar game to the flip of coin…give each team a chance…let them battle it to the end…who ever scores the most points on their drive wins, Not who ever scores first!

This is what cracks me up. Most fans are in favor of giving each team a chance. Yet more coaches and players are against that option and prefer the coin flip. and ever time I have heard a coach or player argue the point it comes down to one simple thing. It just means you didn’t take advantage of your chance in regulation. And that’s really all it is. I mean when was the last time two teams scored on every possession then sending a game into over time? I mean even in the Arizona Green Bay game there were 90 points and each team punted. If Green Bay or AZ wouldn’t have punted that one time there is no OT. I like the coin flip. if YOU, a team, cant earn it in the alloted time, well your earned the 50/50 chance at the coin flip.

If each team gets a shot should we start them @ the opponents 25 yard line too?

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Both teams;Packers and Queens had wonderful teams this year. The Pack did better than I thought they would,and the Queens went further than I thought they would.Yesterday’s stats don’t mean crap.THE BEST TEAM WON. That’s my story and I’m stickin with it

jerry_ruffolo
    Manitowoc, WI

Quote:

Quote:

So tell me about your fishing trip when the Queens played the Pack twice this year, I would love to hear all about it. Catch any?

No, I decided to stay off the water on those days and, fortunately for me, the keepers of the Packer Hall of Fame called me and let me come over and help clean our 3 Super Bowl trophies. Have the keepers of the ViQueen Hall of fame let you clean their Super Bowl trophies??? Oh wait….you don’t have any yet!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, I decided to stay off the water on those days and, fortunately for me, the keepers of the Packer Hall of Fame called me and let me come over and help clean our 3 Super Bowl trophies. Have the keepers of the ViQueen Hall of fame let you clean their Super Bowl trophies??? Oh wait….you don’t have any yet!!!

Lame I suppose you win every tourney you fish ???

big G

jerry_ruffolo
    Manitowoc, WI

Come to think of it, I have won 3 events since September. But I’m talking Texas Hold ‘Em tournies, as I have not fished a tourney since 2008. More money in cards than fish…..it’s like picking on ViQueens fans or beating up infants. Neither is much of a contest!!!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Beat away… your team 0-2 this year, against the Vikes & Brett Favre

big G

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

Both teams;Packers and Queens had wonderful teams this year. The Pack did better than I thought they would,and the Queens went further than I thought they would.Yesterday’s stats don’t mean crap.THE BEST TEAM WON. That’s my story and I’m stickin with it

Amen Well said

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

big G

From here on in the football world means nothing except where each team fits in the draft next season.

Then it all starts with a clean slate so we can do this all over again next season.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

big G

From here on in the football world means nothing except where each team fits in the draft next season.

Then it all starts with a clean slate so we can do this all over again next season.

big G

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.