Vikings were the better team!

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

So it’s official, Vikings were the better team

I guess that is what I gathered from all the posts

jldii

Muskyman,

I haven’t been around since before the game, and this is my first post on this thread.

As for your questioning the corporate sales and then the season ticket sales after Favre signed, its not that hard to really understand if you are from this area.

The Twin Cities metro area is HQ’s for something like 13 international corporations and many more “just” national companies. Many of their employees at “HQ” level are transfers from other areas of the country, and companies buy these tickets to provide their employees their pro sports “fix”. Most if not all of those corporate sales ticket holders are not Viking fans at all, but fans of teams from where they originally come from. The Vikings are just the local pro football team they can watch and that is all. They don’t have a true connection to the team, and in many if not most cases, if not for their companies providing those tickets to them they would not be there at all.

The saddest part of the whole scenario is that over half this state’s population lives in and around the immediate Twin Cities metro area. Many of them are the transplants that I just mentioned. The true Viking fans from the out lying areas can not afford the expense to come to a game anymore. It’s truely a story of the “haves” versus the “have nots”. I’d be willing to bet that no less than 75% of the tickets sold at a mark up to the public thru Ticket Master originated as part of some corporate ticket package.

Hershal Walker isn’t the only bad deal we have to thank Mike Lynn for.

Viewing 3 posts - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.