Digital/ Analog TV Question

• stevedobie
    Central, MN

Now that the Digital wave is almost here, if we have a HD Ready TV do we need to get a convertor box? Also in my RV and Fish House I have one of those typical antennas does that need a box or replacement if you have a HD Ready TV? I am confused. Maybe someone out there can help me understand this whole change.

Thanks

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Digital and HD are 2 different things. You can get a digital signal that is not HD. If your set is HD ready, it will receive the digital signal. If the signal is HD, it will display the show in HD. (Some broadcasts will be digital and not HD)

If your other TV’s are analog, you will need a converter box to pick up the digital signal.

-J.

chrossa
    Arcadia, WI

Don’t be confused the old antennas that you own are exactly the same as the new ones. All you need is the conveter box and you will be set.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Ok so what I am hearing is that if you have a HD Ready TV it will recieve a digital signal and the antenna will allow that signal, now just because there is a digital signal does not mean that the channel is a High Definition station. If you have a Old TV then you need a converter Box, but only if you have a Old Analog TV, and the antenna is just an antenna because they are the same now as they were then. Right?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

You got it!

-J.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

So now another question. How is that Digial Signal transmitted? By wave or pulse? is there a place to look at this stuff?

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

When you purchase your converter box for your fish house be sure to get one that has the “Analog Bypass” switch on it. Since you are using it in your fish house, depending on where you are fishing at, you may still be receiving an analog signal after February. If your signal comes from a rural low power station or from a transponder tower it may still be analog. Low power stations are not required to change in February. Some low power stations will be changing but not all. Non of the towers will be changing until sometime later.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.