Charter Cable

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Need some help guys I saw an add on TV a couple of days ago for a Charter bundle package. 5 Meg internet, Digital Cable, & Digital phone for $89 a month, this package price is good for one year. The problem I ran into is when I called charter they said they do not have that package at that price, but I talked to two people at work that saw the same add on TV, what I found out was that there are contractors out there for Charter that you can get a better price from. What I need is the phone number from that add, anyone else seen this or have the number? If not and you see the add please jot it down and reply here with the number.

Thanks for your help

cb2
    Bemidji, MN

i havn’t seen it, but i will keep my eye out

jhalfen

Steve,

I have bundled service from Charter. Hi-speed web (standard upload and download, nothing fancy), phone, and digital cable. We have a DVR box, a second box for the man-fort in the basement and pretty much the full channel selection. While it may be possile to get a set of basic services for $89, I’ll tell you that we pay a LOT closer to $200 for everything.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

I hear you Jason, in Sartell we have one option for cable/internet/phone without going to dish…Charter. I’ve been looking into “other” services but you HAVE to have a dish. Steve, from my time with Charter, I’d stay away. The worst thing to happen for the St.Cloud metro was having Astound be bought out by Charter, I went from about $80 bucks a month with Astound to a buck forty with Charter for less services and horrible customer service. The WORST thing is we can’t get comcast yet in the area to watch the IDO programs!!! Good luck in your choice, Adam

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

My two cents, the Charter Customer Service that I have received (not) is nonexistent. It’s almost impossible to talk to a live person. They have you troubleshoot by recorded phone messages. Terrible service and when they do come out you will be charged for whatever they do on your property. I’m looking into another service.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I already have charter just trying to get a better package. We pretty much have to stay with Charter my wife is a medical transcriptionist for Mayo and will be coming home this summer to work from home and we need a fast and reliable internet. Right now I am paying around $89 for the cable and internet without the phone and locked into that price for 6 months. With the add that I saw on TV I could get the same price with the phone thrown in and lock in on that price for one year.

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

I have the qwest bundle- $105 month for dsl, phone with unlimited long distance, and direct tv. The dsl is 8 meg and is faster than Mediacom cable internet was and just as reliable. Plus you can lock in the price for life on the dsl.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Fish Hammer, does your Quest plan include cell phones also? A friend of mine claimed he got high speed internet, cable, land line phone and 2 cell phones with X amount of minutes for around 90 bucks a month. The down side was the dish for cable and internet.

jamnsmith

When you say they lock you into a set price for DSL is that for the 8MB package? Just curious because DSL speeds will continue to rise. I’m guessing the next step will be 10MB and will likely be priced close to what you’re paying for 8. That means the 8MB price will likely go down. I’d hate to be locked in for 8MB for something like $30/month today and in a year able to get the same speed for $20 but I’m not able to get the new price because I’m not a “new” customer. Just curious how the contract reads and hoping you will share a little of the details with me.

Thanks.

gmcwayne
    Austin, MN

My wife saw the same ad you are talking about. When I called my local office they told me that the phone service was not yet available but would be coming sometime this year. When you do want to change service call your local office and skip the 800 charter. The woman at the local office hooked me up with 3m internet, digital cable with hbo starz and encore, and a dvr box for 94.99 + tax. She also told me that when you make a service change with 800 charter, they will not let you make another change for 90 days. However, at the local office she could make a change whenever I want.

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

Quote:

When you say they lock you into a set price for DSL is that for the 8MB package? Just curious because DSL speeds will continue to rise. I’m guessing the next step will be 10MB and will likely be priced close to what you’re paying for 8. That means the 8MB price will likely go down. I’d hate to be locked in for 8MB for something like $30/month today and in a year able to get the same speed for $20 but I’m not able to get the new price because I’m not a “new” customer. Just curious how the contract reads and hoping you will share a little of the details with me.

Thanks.

I am not locked into a contract it just won’t go up in price as long as I don’t change anything. I imagine just like anything- technology will get better and the prices will go down. This worked good for us- I need high speed internet for my business along with unlimited long distance- the dish was basically free after I compared what I was paying just for the other two. I do not have qwest cell phones, where I live Midwest Wireless is the best.(and I am stuck with Verizon for 11 months and 13 days more- not that I am counting- CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?- actually no I can’t you lying piece of $%&@) OOPS Sorry for that.

tomberg
    Rochester,MN.

I got hooked up a couple months ago with charter with a special digital cable, phone, internet, for $100.00 a month for one year. Also one night stay at some place in the dells…Disconnect regular phone and saving about $30-40 bucks a month. [free long distance on cable]

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I just saw the add again last night durring letterman on chanel 4 but I was half asleep when it came on and could not find a pen fast enough to write down the #
    I turned on the vcr to record it in hopes it would play again, I will have to check it when I get home from work today. We do not have a home phone and I do not realy need one but this package will lock in the price for one year instead of 6 months, and I am paying the same right now without the phone and in 6 months they will raise the price on me. Cable is not cheap but it is the most dependable IMHO and my wife will need that when she comes home to work. I will let everyone know what I find out if I get the number.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

You can order it from charter online for that deal. Just make sure there isnt any fine print 3 month stuff – they like to sneak that in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.