Something weird I sawlast night!

• Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Last night I stopped by my folks house around 8:30pm to get their mail. As I was reaching into the mailbox this loud cawing and screeming noise came from over my head. I looked up and it looked like an owl flying uncontrollably. It landed in the neighbors yard, so I turned my car around for some light and could see that it was an owl and it looked hurt. So I slowly made my way closer and suddenly the owl took off and so did a crow. I didn’t know owls would attack a crow let alone at 8:30 at night. The best I can think of was they were have a late night redevous. Pretty weird! Anyone with any info on this?

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

That doesn’t surprise me, owls and crows are natural enemies and will attack to kill almost anywhere, anytime.
    It is pretty neat to actually see it happen, especially that close!!

Don

bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

Tuesday evening my neighbor Jeff came over with a large brown feather. He said that some large bird attacked and killed three of his egg laying chickens at night. We looked it up on the internet and it was an Owl that the feather belonged to.

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

I saw a similar incident at work the other day. Only it was a hawk that had taken down a pigeon. The hawk hauled it around in the snow for a while until it set it down on the bike trail. Then the hawk turned his back and the pigeon took off. When the hawk turned around to find his supper gone, he was quickly in hot pursuit, but I don’t know if he ever got his dinner or not.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.