New Boat Prices (Lund)

• Troll4it2
    Minnesota, Washington, St. Paul

I am looking at buying a new 2005 lund Pro-V 1900 with a Mercury 225 EFI and 9.9 Pro kicker. Does anyone have info on what the cost difference would be by buying electroncs and trolling motor(s)from a dealer versus buying from a retailer. (IE C abellas, Gander Mountain, or Bass Pro.)
    Do you think the boat dealers charge more, less, or equal?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You….lucky guy!

I can’t say much about the prices at the retailers that you mentioned..because for the last year or so, I’ve been saving a couple bucks by going through…one of our site sponsers…Jolly Ann Marine…I don’t think Wade would install them for you, but I’ve always had a hard time paying labor for something I can do myself…but that’s a personal choice.

Always free shipping. Sometimes he has specials for IDA members…but always competetive prices.

By law I have to tell you that I’m the Official 2004/5 Poster Child of Jolly Ann Marine…(by default for the year 2005. No one else wanted it)

At the very least give him a looky see before you buy. When you’re talking with him…give him a tip or two on Bass fishing. Tamara his wife is alway kicking his

Good luck with your new float! Make sure you post some pictures when you get it!

Troll4it2

Thanks for the info. As far as the bass fishin? Well OK. My Smallmouth bass fishin spot early spring is under the 63 bridge Wisconsin channel (down steam from the closing dam.)Pitch a jig and plastic up to the shore on the Wisconsin side or bounce it off the pillars. Under the bridge is good. Left side while facing down steam. First pillar closest to shore across from boat ramp.

gregmerz
    Minnetonka & Remer, MN

I’ve always bought mine from the retailers. I think if you shop well you can do better this way. Installation of most of these items is real easy. I’ve got an ’04 1900, you’re gonna like that ride…

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

I bought all of my own(everything) from retailers. I shopped around and found that you can save a load of money. I installed everything myself, some with a little help from my friends, but it was all installed the way I wanted, and I like that idea. I figure I saved at least $300. – $500.

ted-merdan

I would look at buying all your extras from the Mpls Sportsmans Show – you have several retailers all within walking distance competing for your $$’s – I witness discounts of 25%+ on high end Lowrance units. That was the best retail pricing that I saw all year.

my $.02.

ted

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Good idea Ted, but there are a lot of online outfits that undercut even sale prices of retailers. If you would like to PM me, I can give you some of them. Electronics is a varied market, and many places undercut the MAP prices that retailers have to follow. Jollyann Sales has some great prices at this time on some of last years models of finders and GPS/sounder units.

http://www.jollyannsales.com/

Wade is a great sponsor of this site, and also a sponsor on Walleye Central dot com.

fireflick
    Alma WI

troll4it2,

If you haven’t bought a boat yet. I have one availbable you may get a lot cheaper than a new one. This still has all the warranities with it once you buy it. Just a thought!

2004 Lund Pro V

evileye
    Milan Il

troll4it2,
    Take a look at Jarrad’s boat ,It’s just what your wanting to buy and more,and it ‘s already set up ,I’ve seen this rig several times and if I hadn’t just bought a new lund ,I would snap it up myself.

Troll4it2

Fireflick’s boat is a beauty. Although,I too have had a boat for sale all year with no takers. I was looking at selling my boat and buying a newer used fully rigged boat. I bought the boat used at a great price and the dealer is willing to trade-in and payoff the remainder of the loan balance. I just did not know if I should buy and finance the electronics from the dealer because I felt they were probably closer to the MSRP than a sporting goods store.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.