Boat trailers/Swing tongues

• greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Haven’t been around much lately, busy with a wife pregnant with twins and trying to buy a bigger house, etc. I’ll make along story short. The house we bought has a garage that’s 19 feet long, and I have a boat trailer that is 23 feet long. Does anybody out there know where I can get a hinge to weld into the tounge to make it swing? I have contacted a few places and they say that they won’t sell the hinge but they’ll install it. Liability issues. I have enough confidence in my welding abilities to do it myself, I just need the hinge.
    Or, does anyone else have any thoughts as to what I could do to get it to fit. Any help would be appreciated!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m not making any guarantees but if you call Ed Steiger at Wolf Machine Shop in Prairie du Chien Wi., tell him what your looking for and I’m guessing he will send it to ya…These guys do everything !!!
    608-326-2925

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Thanks!

tacotom
    Woodbury Mn

Greg, I don’t know anything about swing tongues but I do know thats a mighty fine sheephead ya got there.
    John is going to Nelson a day or 2 early to pre-fish for us. Rumor has it that smallies over a particular crib will be the ticket.
    -Taco

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

You may still be short with the swing toungue. She sounds really close!

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Hey Taco- I see all these guys with big walleyes and such, and I just thought somebody needed a picture with a little class! Man, this trailer thing is really becomeing a pain. I think there’s an untapped market out there. The pivit hitch is $300.00 It would take like, 10 minutes in partypoker.com to win enough money to buy that!!!!!!

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Hey Greg
    I think I will have to agree with Chris…
    before you spend the money you better make sure you can fit in your spot.
    Sounds like you need a bigger Garage..don’t we all……..

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Actually, the problem has been solved. I put the master welder on the case, and he has got it all figured out. And, if the motor is trimmed all the way down and swung all the way to one side or the other, it will fit. I am more concerned about the fact that, through all the home upheaveal, my boat hasn’t seen water since June, and I’ve only been out twice in other boats between now and then….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.