car selling scam–heads up

• steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

——————————————————————————–

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail…iedOnly=false&

Here is the answer you get when inquiring about the above vehicle: (this nice unit should be around $10K-$12K) How many more are out there like this one–I do not know.

“Hello,

This is my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I want to be honest with you, the car is in perfect condition and runs great has 48,046 miles, automatic, 5.7 L, title clean. The only thing I ever needed to take it to the shop for was tires, brakes, oil changes and inspections. Has a clear title in my name. My car is excellent in every way. The price was reduced at $5,500 because I’m in a hurry to find a buyer. I need to sell it before April 10th, when I will be leaving on military duty with my medical team back to Afghanistan for a year and do not want to store my car. Hate to sell it but its not worth keeping insurance and paying storage fees for a year.

So if you are interested please email me.

Best Regards!

George Anderson”

“Hello again

Right now I’m in a military base getting ready for Afghanistan. Like I already said, the delivery process will be managed by me. It will come with a clear title and reg. I have a contract with Amazon so this deal must go through them. According with Amazon you have 7 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not. I will ship it from here on my expense. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from Amazon so that I can pick up the money. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask Amazon to send you the details on this deal.
    If you’re interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your legal name (for the bill of sale) address where you want the vehicle delivered and phone # where you can be reached, so we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks,”

alphabass

Like all things. .. if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. That said there’s a sucker born every second. If these scans were not working they’d move on to something else by now.

Have you heard about the money covered in magic ink one….

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Once I read “Best Regards” the deal is over for me.

desperado

Quote:

Have you heard about the money covered in magic ink ….

Can you use it to buy magic beans ?

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I almost fell for one of these scams a couple years ago then i realized it was too good to be true and backed out! Glad i did cause who knows what would of happened if i went through with it.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Yea I found 2 of those in the last few days on CL
    Pretty low when they portray themselves to be part of the military forces

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Once I read “Best Regards” the deal is over for me.

Yep, and “according with Amazon”

big_g
    Isle, MN

probably has the 4.7 too…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.