fish house generator

• Keppinhiemer

Hey fellas I was shopping for a generator for my fish house and was wondering what to look for. I would love a Honda however, I dont want to drop a thousand dollars. anyone have good luck with a cheaper brand? looking for 1000 to 2000 watt rating.

wiswalleye49
    East Troy, WI

Check groupon they had Duracell 3200 for 499.00 unsure of frt policy

Zach H

I just did the same research back in November. I came to the final conclusion that I will be purchasing a Honda. I was in the same boat you are, but after doing a lot of research trying to find the “one” generator that everyone just loves, it all comes back to Honda. I didn’t want to spend the money either, but in the long run I wanted a machine that was going to be worry free while on long trips up north. The last thing you need is a key component of your fishing trip to break down on and forcing you to end your trip early. If you think about the $3-400 you will be saving, then divide that by how many times you will be using it. In the long run 5-10 years down the road after you have used this unit many of times, it will pay off. We run Honda generators on our fire department and they never fail us. They are a great product and I am very happy that I made the decision to spend the extra money. If you do decide to purchase a Honda, check around because you would be surprised on the deals you can find. After looking around I was able to pick a brand new one up for $879.00 in Brainerd. Good luck!

Keppinhiemer

yeah that is what i keep hearing from eveyone

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Quote:

I just did the same research back in November. I came to the final conclusion that I will be purchasing a Honda. I was in the same boat you are, but after doing a lot of research trying to find the “one” generator that everyone just loves, it all comes back to Honda. I didn’t want to spend the money either, but in the long run I wanted a machine that was going to be worry free while on long trips up north. The last thing you need is a key component of your fishing trip to break down on and forcing you to end your trip early. If you think about the $3-400 you will be saving, then divide that by how many times you will be using it. In the long run 5-10 years down the road after you have used this unit many of times, it will pay off. We run Honda generators on our fire department and they never fail us. They are a great product and I am very happy that I made the decision to spend the extra money. If you do decide to purchase a Honda, check around because you would be surprised on the deals you can find. After looking around I was able to pick a brand new one up for $879.00 in Brainerd. Good luck!

x2

duke.harbaugh

You will be happy with the honda. Worth the extra money, no doubt.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Check out what people who use generators ALOT (RV sites are a good place to look) and what they have to say about Boliy A friend of mine bought one and I borrow it once a year and it beats the Honda he used to have, its quiter, as good of fuel economy and just the smoothness with which it provides the right amount of power… no dimming of lights when you call for more power. They cost about the same as the Hondas and start on one pull too

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Hate to say it but..”nothing runs like a honda” Period!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Quote:

Check out what people who use generators ALOT (RV sites are a good place to look) and what they have to say about Boliy A friend of mine bought one and I borrow it once a year and it beats the Honda he used to have, its quiter, as good of fuel economy and just the smoothness with which it provides the right amount of power… no dimming of lights when you call for more power. They cost about the same as the Hondas and start on one pull too

Interesting. Anyone else had good luck with these?

All I know is I’m irritated every time someone tries to save a little money and then sets up next to me with their loud generators. I generally take the stand if you can’t bring yourself to spend the money on a Honda, you don’t need a generator. With that said this Boliy really looks nice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.