Measuring Fish

• big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

I don’t like pinching the tail, but since the MNDNR says I have to for an accurate measurement this is how I measure my fish.

It is not for accuracy, but rather consistency. They tell you to make it the longest it can be… because that is what they are gonna do

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Whatever happened to weighing fish? If people really want to be accurate and honest, they would weigh fish.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

I carry graduated cylinders and quantify volume by water displacement. You should have seen the 1.1 liter Crappie I caught the other day.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Now that should be the standard! After all, do we go under water to step on the scale or measure our height? Displacement is truly the way to go.

big_g
    Isle, MN

where did you get the water you are using and how many AIS are in it ? measuring is just a way for the DNR to uphold slot restrictions… every tape measure should be the same (minus those sticker tapes that COORS was giving away a few years back ) and scales can vary quite a bit, when trying to administer laws

DeanoB
    Historic Mantorville

Quote:

Everyone knows that the only true way to size a fish is to take it’s picture with a 12oz Bud heavy next to it

I agree but I only have Bud Light cans!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Everyone knows that the only true way to size a fish is to take it’s picture with a 12oz Bud heavy next to it

I agree but I only have Bud Light cans!

Good idea Deano! Using a fish to prove that beer should come in bigger cans.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.