Duluth Restaurants

• blackbay

My wife and I are going to Duluth at the end of the month for our anniversary and I’m wondering if anyone has a restaurant recommendation. We’re leaning towards a good steak place or Italian. I’ve started a list from replies I got on another forum, but there’s more people from the area here so I figured I’s ask here too. Thanks

gtaggart

I would go to Blackwoods, it’s at 26th Ave E and London Rd. Great food and great views of Lake Superior.

live2fishmillelacs
    Blaine, MN

Go to the Ledge Rock grille, they have Chicago chiefs
    there and awesome meals. Will run you about $50 each
    but worth every dime. Book a reservation to the Chiefs table.
    Will be awesome for a Anniversary Ledge Rock Grille

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I haven’t been to Blackwoods in Duluth, but the Blackwoods in Two Harbors is good so I’ll x2 Blackwoods.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

I would go to Blackwoods, it’s at 26th Ave E and London Rd. Great food and great views of Lake Superior.

Great Sunday brunch.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Maybe not for dinner, but hit up Burrito Union for lunch the next day. You won’t regret it

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Yep!!

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

If your considering Italian, check out these two.

http://www.vabenecaffe.com/

http://www.grandmasrestaurants.com/bellisios/

Va Bene has great food at a very good price, nice view of the lake and sunset if you sit in doors or on their patio.

Bellisio’s is supposed to be very good but it’s not cheap. You will not have as good of a view.

It all depends if you want fancy or more laid back atmosphere. Cheese cake for dessert at Va Bene is outstanding!!

g38
    South metro

Not for dinner, but if you like micro breweries, Canal Park Brewery. Just up there last week. Appetizers are pretty good too.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Quote:

Maybe not for dinner, but hit up Burrito Union for lunch the next day. You won’t regret it

x2 and x3 on the Union!

Also, if you’re into different kinds of beer Fitgers is a good choice.

Lakerfishermn

I’ll give Burrito Union their props as well.

dld24

Not for your anniversary dinner, but for an awesome burger thats cheap and cheap beer, hit up anchor bar in Superior….Its one of them little gems…for breakfast go to uncle loui’s cafe…For dinner I’d go to Texas Road House…

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Not for your anniversary dinner, but for an awesome burger thats cheap and cheap beer, hit up anchor bar in Superior….Its one of them little gems…for breakfast go to uncle loui’s cafe…For dinner I’d go to Texas Road House…

X2 on the Anchor Bar, excellent burgers and beer at a very cheap price, they even had Grain Belt on Tap.

Uncle Louies for Breakfast is another must stop dive place.

The Prime Rib at the Timber Lodge was good, more like a roast size if you get the large, it was BIG!! We ate there just because it was in the same building as our room and it turned out to be a good choice.

Oh yea the Suites Hotel has really nice rooms, just make sure you get one with a view, they also take corporate and government room rates.

fishin
    Blaine, MN

If you are looking for something on the more formal side, Midi’s is a good place in Fitger’s. It has good food and atmosphere.

Little Angie’s is a mexican restaurant that is good as well located in Canal Park…a little more casual.

JJ Astor’s at the top of Radisson Hotel. It is a circular restaurant that spins so you get a great view of Duluth…pretty nice.

Lastly, I would suggest Bellissio’s in Canal Park. It is a formal Italian Restaurant.

mojogunter

Anchor bar is great and Eddies in Superior has great food and reasonable prices

mustfish

I will also recommend Bellisio’s, my wife and I have been there several times over the years, mainly for lunch. We really love their menu. It is right down in Canal Park, a fun area with tons of shops and waterfront. It does not have a view – but has a great Italian atmosphere.

Dave

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I would consider Tycoons, very cool place. Then head to the basement and have a few drinks in the old jail. Pickwick is also good. For lunch, Burrito Union is awesome, or Northern Waters Smokehaus.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.