Interesting morning

• dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

This morning, my daughter headed out to feed her horse. She came back in the door and tells me she saw 3 foxes out in the back pasture… about 70 yards behind the house. I head out to take a look… and see 1 fox sitting in the pasture next to a patch of woods. As I stood there watching, all of a sudden… a Doe comes bolting out of the woods chasing after the fox. They go around in a circle and back into the woods.

I made my way out there to the arena we have that separates the yard from the pasture. Standing there for about 3 minutes, I catch a glimps of the doe standing in some brush. No flag up so it apparently moved in to that position without seeing me. It walked along the fenceline to another patch of brush… and stood there for a short while. It made a movement and all of a sudden I see another fox bolt out of that brush wtih the doe chasing after it in close step!

Was just kinda funny to see… I tried to take video… I got plenty of video of the deer walking/standing, but missed the actual chases.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I wonder if they were trying to get her fawn?

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Thats what I was initially thinking as well… but I never saw a fawn… and the doe eventually crossed the fence and continued walking on alone. As well, both times, the doe chased the foxes into the woods (which was the only area I couldn’t see.. where a fawn would be hiding if there was one). unless they already got it.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Yep, I was waiting for the story to end with a fox carrying away a fawn or Dave stumbling upon the fawn.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I ran up against a grey fox last weekend while quading. It was running full speed next to me trying to beat me to the corner. It dropped an animal in its mouth running so frantically. When I came back through 30 minutes later it had returned to claim its dinner.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m about 100% sure that fawn was within sight. Does have been running up to my truck in the field, snorting, and running just a short distance – then repeat. Had the same done with them for a while on my tractor as well. Usually, I’ll see the fawn near by.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

we had a doe one year playing in the field next to our house with our cat….. they were chasing each other back and forth while me my dad step mom and a couple others sat in lawn chairs just out side of our garage when the cat decided to come back to the garage the deer followed it right up to within 10 yards of us then jumped up and down like a dog waiting to get a toy thrown for it before walking off, stopping and staring back a few times……… we all went from laughing to shock and laughing again it was a cool experience.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

C’mon, now. They were just playing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.