Quit the Dip… BUT….

• dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

So.. to reply to a few… I am now about 3 days without a dip. The mental addiction is still there. Not so bad during the weekdays.. but this weekend, when we are at the horse show with the daughter.. it is going to be tough.

I got my E-Cig at Restyle in St Francis. Restyle is a very strange store.. kind of a consignment store that sells more than just clothes (E-Cigs, they also have a Oxygen bar.. weird). I have the battery pack, atomoizer, and the juices. When I first bought the stuff.. I advised how much I was cheweing and they sold me the 24mg juice. That turned out to be too strong (like smoking Camel Straights). I went back to by alternative juice… and the flavor I went with (rootbeer), they only had in 11mg. That was a bit too light. TOday, I stopped by and bought carmel cappachino in the 18mg. That strength seems just right for me for now.

Again.. almost 3 days without a dip.. and made MUCH easier by the E-Cig.

I should also note… I didn’t go from smoking to chewing at the same time. I literally went from 1 1/2 packs-2packs cigs a day to cold turkey quit… and then a couple months later… went to chew. I personally consider it going from one to the other… but I did quit cold turkey in between.

For those of you considering… Cold turkey IS a method. BUT…. E-CIGS are as decent a method as any of the alternatives. THe juice is sold in varying strenghts and you can wean yourself off them as well. THey even sell juice with 0 nicotine. DO NOT BE ASHAMED! Whatever gets you to quit your current addiction.. the better!

For those of you that have had the strength to quit Cold-Turkey… Good For you. I have too! and I am happy for you.

For those of you that have a difficult time… I am/have also been in your boat. Good luck to you!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If the e-cig don’t work out just keep a trying. Personally I used most all the quit helpers out there and for somebody to mention that one method is better than another is ignorant. We are all different and after using all of them decide which one is most effective for you, and than stick with it BC no matter what you do its gonna suck. I used the patches last time around and found them to take the edge off much more effectively than the others, but thats just me.
    Also the rewarding yourself helps too. Take your money you saved And like mentioned before spend it. Make it a regular thing though, not a once a week thing but everyday to give yourself something to look forward to.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

When I tried the patch, I got night terrors. That was freaky. Most the dreams weren’t terrifying, but if it wasn’t night terrors, it was lucid dreams…which isn’t a bad thing.

I need to start needling Michelle to quit. I think that would make things easier. And I want to be 70 and sitting on a deck somewhere up north watching a sunset over a lake when we retire.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

Dave, so you using an atomizer and dripping every two or three puffs or a cartomizer? I’m a fan of cartomizers. Somewhat less fiddling with them.

I see people talking like ecigs are a quitting tool. I guess they could be that but they are literally an alternative to smoking. If you smoked for a decade or to or three, it might take more than a weekend or a month or a year to quit. I buy whatever supplies I want and it costs maybe 1/2 of what it did to smoke.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Dave, so you using an atomizer and dripping every two or three puffs or a cartomizer? I’m a fan of cartomizers. Somewhat less fiddling with them.

I see people talking like ecigs are a quitting tool. I guess they could be that but they are literally an alternative to smoking. If you smoked for a decade or to or three, it might take more than a weekend or a month or a year to quit. I buy whatever supplies I want and it costs maybe 1/2 of what it did to smoke.

I am using an Atomizer for now. I don’t like them… especially the cheap glass ones I have now. Last night, one of the glass broke. I will be heading to another store to buy some more quality products.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.