Very Disturbing Easter!!!

• dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

After church this morning… wife, daughter and I decided to stop by the FIL’s house in Zimmerman. Only a few blocks away… we get a call from them saying that there were half a dozen Sherburne Deputy vehicles at the house next door/behind them… and they were taping off the entire yard. Before that… the father of the family that lives at that house was driving away and stopped at a squad coming in… half a block from the house… and he was crying uncontrollably. We were there at about 10:30 this morning… and were there while the police brought in a preist. Sherrif Stanek was there too. The Deputies couldn’t say anything as the detectives, mobile command, etc weren’t even there yet.

Just got confirmation an hour ago… the mother and 2 kids are dead. Our hunch this morning was murder-suicide. We were there to witness some family members showing up at about 11am this morning… all knew something happened but didn’t know what.

What is this world coming to. Just heard Channel 5 got there an hour ago too…

Prayers to that father (if he wasn’t involved) and to the family as a whole. Those 2 kids were often playing in the yard and would come into my FIL’s yard when a ball went astray. Really sad.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

My FIL was interviewed by the investigators. His house is back-to-back to the house where this happened. So close that a couple of kids could play catch between the porches. A few weeks ago… we could watch their TV from my FIL’s living room. The cops had the road blocked off right next to my FIL’s house… family members were in his yard talking to deputies.

troy_blackstad
    Hastings MN

I don’t know how to comment.?

I’ll pray for the family.

Edit: I have no clue what could be so bad that anyone’s child (children) had to lose their life. It’s just wrong.

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

Prayer’s

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

It’s so sad to hear these stories , Prayers sent

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I also don’t understand people killing each other. Especially when kids are involved. If you are man enough to kill someone, then be man enough to just go out in the woods and kill yourself.

My prayers go out to the families. Zimmerman is just down the road from me, I pray we don’t know the folks involved.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

So sad to hear these kinds of stories

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

very sad. Yea why do children always have to pay for someone elses stupidity? I dont get it!! Prayers sent.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

the murder-suicide theory is only speculation at this point. But… they have not yet removed any bodies… and my FIL has seen crews in the house with tri-pod cameras documenting the entire scene inside.

dbright
    Cambridge

I unfortunately dealt with what your saying what happened 5 years ago and I also had to deal with news and other people that knew nothing about what happened with out knowledge or details. One of the worse things about it was the untrue things reported by the news and gossip that went around with not one bit of evidence. Nothing against you but if you don’t know what happened don’t spread what you don’t know is true.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I understand the apprehension… To be honest, I was careful not to post other things I was aware of (prior reports of police activity). I still pray that it is has to do with carbon monoxide… but considering the investigators were there for 10+ hours and bodies were not removed… I hate to say but I do fear something dreadful happened.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2982071.shtml?cat=1

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

What a terrible tragedy. Now that more of the details are out, it appears to be a domestic abuse situation that escalated into unimaginable violence. What is that more souls keep being lost?

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

Prayers to that father (if he wasn’t involved) and to the family as a whole. Those 2 kids were often playing in the yard and would come into my FIL’s yard when a ball went astray. Really sad.

Prayers to all that are effected by this tragedy. It is up to the LORD to judge. No matter what happened the father is one Gods children and is going to need help.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I am pretty sure it was domestic related… but the husband wasn’t home.. he was the one that found them in the morning (from what I know… he didn’t live there full time). He is/was military.. so I know he has spent quite a bit of time overseas.

According to news reports.. they are not yet calling it a “crime scene”… but I know that their dog was in the house and was not harmed. Hard to think it could be carbon monoxide, etc if the dog was fine. Very sad.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Impossible to comprehend what goes through a parents head when they do something like that. Very sad. Prayers and condolences to the father and the families.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.