Truck Brake Pads

• blackbay

I need to replace my brakes on my F150 4×4 and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation. I’m thinking Wagner TQ semi metallic or maybe the ceramic. I’ve heard good things about EBC but I’d rather not spend that kind of money. Thanks

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I haven’t replaced mine yet but I would recommend ceramic to cut down on the brake dust.

jim-bailey
    Clinton County Iowa

I did the ceramic on mine and have much less brake dust to deal with. They have been excellent while pulling loads. No fade. Good luck.
    Jim

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I haven’t replaced mine yet but I would recommend ceramic to cut down on the brake dust.

X 2 agree….also, going ceramic also double check the rotors…
    (how many miles do you have on the current pads?)

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

The first time I changed mine I put on ceramic. The ceramic can cook your rotors if your not careful. The ceramic were OK but they did fade from time time because they generate a lot of heat. When I did them the second time I switched to a no dust semi-metallic. I got them at Napa, they were more then the ceramic and I was happy with they for the 25,000 miles I put on them before trading the truck. Less dust then the ceramic but it was a darker dust then the ceramic.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

We install AC Delco ceramics all the time. Don’t have any problems with rotors, dust, or brake fade. Been running ceramics in my persoal vehicles since 2003 with no problems.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Depends on the year of the truck. There was a issue with the Ford F150s having undersized routers from about 2004 2008 and with the heat the ceramic can create it can be a issue for those years of trucks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.