Have you seen Hi Tech Custom Painted Baits LLC ?

• MikeLarson

Man all you do is send your cranks that dont catch fish or that are dinged up from years of fishing and he will fix that right up with a custom paint job for 7 bucks a piece not to bad im going to send some to Darrell Wood to hook them up he has some pretty nice color selection

bullcans
    Northfield MN

With all due respect, I can get new cranks for $3.99-$4.99 a piece.

I’m trying to find the value here?

BBKK
    IA

If I have a crank that doesnt catch fish, why do I need to pay $7 and send it in for custom painting? I can think of 100 cranks under $5 brand new that catch fish. I just dont understand.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Well I have a few same exact model that out catch 5-1 others. They only get used in tourneys due to that. Be it the way the run, vibrate, noise they make, who knows. Getting a new paint job on them versus buying 10-15 of the same bait looking for another gem is the reason. Then sometimes a certain color gets discontinued, or you want a special paint scheme not made. Heck some guys buy cranks on clearance and send them to a customizer for a re-paint.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

I send my stuff to Bait Werks! (Yeah, Werks with an “e”)I have been having him paint my lures for years, he was even featured in Field and Stream!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

With all due respect, I can get new cranks for $3.99-$4.99 a piece.

I’m trying to find the value here?

bull cans, you have a very good question that often goes unanswered. The value comes on the worse days when the bite is generally less than desirable. When conditions are perfect, fish will eat most anything. At that time, just about any bait or color will do.
    It’s when the bite becomes light and you get more curiosity bumps, than actual good hits. We’ve all experienced tossing a crank and getting a thump, thump…and unable to connect or the back treb is just barely in the mouth. The value comes in having baits that will get EATEN during these poor times or conditions.
    Too often people will stick with the same bait and throw it until their arm about falls off because they had a few bumps on it. First and foremost that I cover in cranking seminars in to change up right away. If your getting touched and not eaten, make the change. Go darker, or lighter, go smaller or bigger, and my personal favorite is to go life-like or go extreme.
    I have a number of custom baits as well as a lot of Koppers Live Target. No doubt, they come with a price tag. A lot of the Live Target baits I use run about $12.00 But as I said, its fishing during the poorest of conditions that great crankbaits pay for themselves. Instead of that curiosity bump, they get inhaled. Or instead of getting bit 2 or 3 times, they get hammered 10 times.
    Hope I was able to explain more on why we spend $$$ on better baits.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.