Transom mount trolling motor for a Lund S16

• mikes-jigs
    Red Wing, MN

I just recently bought a used Lund S16 with a 30HP Evinrude. I would like to add a transom mount trolling motor. I am not sure what size I need. I need it to be powerfull enought to jig at the dam on pool 4 but dont need it to troll, alos i dont want anything that is 24v or larger.
    Thanks, Jig Mike

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

55lbs thrust will work perfectly

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

And if one wanted to drag upstream? How much do you need?

Palerider77

Minnesota makes a nice motor, would think that they have what you are looking for. I would say the larger of the 12v class should suffice. The 55 lb thrust Endurance would be a good choice for a boat that size. Better to have the power as current and conditions can change. Good luck!

mikes-jigs
    Red Wing, MN

Do you guys know of a used transom mount for sale around $100-150?

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Theres all kinds of trollers on the net also try ebay! I’ve got a 55 lb. thrust on my 175 Roughneck works great at the dam!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

You might try Motor clinic in Bloomington. They have used and reconditioned. That my be farther than you want to go, not sure but thought id mention it.

mikes-jigs
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

Quote:

You might try Motor clinic in Bloomington. They have used and reconditioned. That my be farther than you want to go, not sure but thought id mention it.

Thanks Chuck for the advise I will have to look at that.

hamms
    Mn

I would look for a minnkota maxxum. It is digital and has infinate control on the forward and reverse and is way better on battery life then the enduras with 5 sp forward 3 rev…Got my 55# for 50 bucks on craigs…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.