Dry Cracking Hands

• Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I live for ice fishing but the cold sure doesn’t like my hands. What do you guys do for dry cracked hands? I have tried lotions but I haven’t found anything to truely solves my problem.

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

I have had really good results with a product called Glysolid. Put it on at night and let it do its thing. My hands get really dry and cracked and this stuff flat out works.

Duke M

I hate putting lotion junk on my hands. When I just can’t stand the damage any more I use Equate Dry Skin Creme. It says on the label it is similar to Eucerin Dry Skin Creme. The stuff helps heal dry skin and the cracks.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

malaluca lotion from revive I belive awesome stuff

scott-k
    Red Wing

I also used various lotions…udder balm solves it best for me.

Another idea given by my chiro.–a teaspoon of fish oil daily will keep many bodily functions–including skin on the hands–moist and lubed up. Okay, snicker away.

Seriously, I have been faithful daily to the fish oil, my wife has not. I have no cracked skin around finger edges– she does. I used to have that too.

Fish oil rocks!

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Google Dumont Company and find their No-Crack hand creams. The best I have ever used.

According to the site Ed’s Pharmacy in Bloomer has it.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I use super glue on cracks and Burts Bees Hand Salve. I’ve tried many other remedies and none have worked as well for me. The super glue is instant relief on those really bad cracks.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

from trapping I deal with severe cracked bleeding hands. An enginrer at sc johnson explained to me the key is using any product that has lanolin (sp?). Also, you have to apply it while your skin is moist. His suggestion was to wash dishes, towrl dry hands then apply. I’m sute my wife had something to do with the dishes, but it works perfecy. For the last 20 years I nevet have a problem

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Quote:

Google Dumont Company and find their No-Crack hand creams. The best I have ever used.

According to the site Ed’s Pharmacy in Bloomer has it.

I agree No-Crack is amazing stuff !! They have a day time and a night time that is best to wear at bed then put a pair of cotton gloves on.

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

We used to tell the young guys at work that had the dry cracking problem, to just pee on their hands. It might not cure the dry problems, but you won’t suck your thumb for sure.

Tight lines,

Roger

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

O’Keeffe’s Working Hands!!! Hands down and I’ved tried them all, Apply before you hit the hay and great by morning!!!

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

saddle soap or corn huskers

Invader440
    Fosston, Mn

Udder Cream or Corn Huskers.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I usually get these for a 2 fer 1.

Nature’s Bounty Nature’s Bounty Vitamin E Cream

http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-CREAM-6000-NAT-Size/dp/B000GG16DI

My physical therapist got me on to this when I had both knees replaced and used this to help heal the incision and break the adhesion issue related with it.

I later realized the benefits to my old hands during the same time. Cold cracks and the issues are “GONE”!!

Best I’ve ever had!!

I carry a lot of weight around, however I may not carry much here, But, trust me this is a great product, just rub it on and do it again tomorrow!

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

Corn Huskers, doesn’t leave your hands feeling greasy or oily.

lhprop1
    Eagan

I have chronic alligator skin, always have. I used to even get cracks on my hands in the summer.

Aquaphor changed all that.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

[quot} put an old “clean” sock on your hands for bedtime!

..SOCKS on my hands.?…In the morning i mite wonder what the he!! i did the nite before. ……rrr

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.